Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Manablue32   LizardGirlForever   Manablue32  

Member  Message

Manablue32
View Profile

Unsure if he is overweight?

Hey I don’t know if I’m being paranoid but he seems a bit overweight? Unfortunately I don’t have a scale I can use right now (my ex has it when we split we split the lizard stuff 50 50 cuz we both had a uro each ((separate tanks don’t worry lol))). But I noticed today he straight up knocked off a platform off the glass that is held with some pretty strong magnets. He’s in a 5f by 2f enclosure. Temps at a constant 130 to 140 barely any humidity and I was finally able to find him some more balanced foods. He was on endive radicchio and alfalfa sprouts for two weeks cuz my town sucks for multiple greens. He is very very active always going around climbing on his stuff and. Digging in his sand. I just want the best for my baby boy and don’t know if I’m just being a paranoid lizard father

Ps I can’t figure out how to upload a damn image so here’s a link to what he looks like lol https://imageshack.com/i/pmW5TMotj

04/06/18  06:51am

LizardGirlForever
View Profile

Message To: Manablue32   In reference to Message Id: 2322275

Overweight Uromastyx

No, you’re lizard is not overweight. To find out, look at that photo. If his belly droops down, he is overweight. Also, you can tell if a human is overweight. Use the same tactics to find out if the lizard is overweight.

04/06/18  02:25pm

Manablue32
View Profile

Message To: LizardGirlForever   In reference to Message Id: 2322280

Overweight Uromastyx

Alright thank you for replying :) I like to think I know what I’m doing after 2 years of owning him (rescued him from someone who treated him terribly) but I worry sometimes maybe I’m.screwing something up I guess I just needed some reassurance :P

04/07/18  06:51am

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area