Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Squish778   Eris   Rverdugo   Pickupman66  

Member  Message

Squish778
View Profile

Please help~ new uromastyx owner 😊

Hello, I’m a soon to be ornate uromastyx owner! He should be arriving by Wednesday by mail from
a reputable seller. He is only 3-4 in long right now so I bought the National Geographic 40 gallon terrain set from
PetSmart. So far, all I have besides that, is repti calcuum
With D-3, an extra thermometer/hydrometer (tank came
With one) and some pieces of slate to create a hide and basking spot. I plan on grabbing some millet for substrate because that is what he is currently in, and then besides that I need the proper lighting. And then lastly foods for him and currently he has been eating lentels and greens. I just wanted to know if anyone would like
to suggest anything else I need? I’m
Getting the set up ready today and tomorrow and hope to have the proper lighting and temps all ready and going for when he arrives. Thanks for your help!

02/19/17  04:26pm

Eris
View Profile

Message To: Squish778   In reference to Message Id: 2320291

Congrats on your new friend! Maybe some uromastyx owners could add some advice, but to me sound like you have a good start for him and have done your homework. Would love to see pics when he is all settled in :)

02/22/17  05:10pm

Rverdugo
View Profile

I agree with the previous poster, good job on studying up. We get our guy the orange lentils because they are slightly smaller than regular lentils. As far as greens go, there are plenty to choose from. Dandelion, arugula, basic greens, chard, parsley, bok choy (he loves it) and some meal worms every couple of weeks as a snack only (don’t give him too much). We will just rotate the greens and he seems to enjoy some more than others. Experiment and see what he likes the most!

03/05/17  05:21pm

Pickupman66
View Profile

My son and I are in the market for a Uro. can I ask where you purchased yours from?

03/20/17  06:53am

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area