Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Member  Message

Sycamore
View Profile

Questions

I’ve had my uromastyx for about 4 months now. I got him/her from a friend, just assuming its a male and his name is Felix. Just had a couple questions to clarify. At the moment he’s in a 40 gallon breeder with plans to build him an approximately 2 feet deep, 30 inches tall, and 4-4.5 feet tank in the next two weekends. He’s got a UVA heat bulb and UVB, both zoomed. He has 10-12 hours of daylight and I put his nightlight on when its cold, I live in North Carolina. I feed him once or twice a day and he gets approximately 80% greens, 15% veggies, 5% fruit. I give him fruit about every three days. His diet is mostly mustard greens, bok choy, turnip greens, dandelion greens, and some spring mix. He gets carrots, peppers and squash mostly with a freeze dried vegetable treat mix sometimes. The fruit I give him is apples, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and rasberries. He also has a seperate cup of finch seed and lentils. I’ve been giving him a bath 1-2 times a week to help with his shed. His temperature ranges from 85-100 and basking is about 115, humidity is about 25%. The substrate that he is on is some sort of sand (not sure what kind, my friend gave it to me with the tank). He’s a mali uromastyx and he’s 10 inches, I’m not sure how much he weighs because I don’t have a gram scale but he is chubby and seems healthy and active. I just had a couple questions

1. Should I make any changes to his diet?
2. Does anyone know how to get the heat up higher in his basking spot, which is on top of his hide(different lights or brands?)
3. What kind of wood to make his new tank with(I’m thinking oak)?
4. A better/safer substrate for him than sand?

08/30/16  10:30am

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area