Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Vyros   Takahiro111   Vyros   Takahiro111   Blueh  

Member  Message

Vyros
View Profile

Is it okay to hold a geyri uromastyx?

My new geyri uromastix (named Fruit Loops) doesent like when i get too close to him. Ive had him for less than a week. I tried just petting his back and ive held him once before. I just tried petting his back and he puffed up and raised his tail and tried whipping my hand with it. When i got him at the store (zamzows) he liked having belly rubs and would sleep in your hand. Could it be him adapting to a new cage and enviroment? Hes a fat little guy and the temps are at a good range. Hes eating both the plants and cactus i give him and the seeds. He seems healthy in every way, i know that uros dont like being held but im hearing that people have gotten their uros used to being held? Sorry the mess of questions and info

01/18/16  12:02am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Vyros   In reference to Message Id: 2316608

He’s still getting use to the new environment. I occasionally held my mali uro my let him roam every now and then but it’ll take time to build as bond of trust so his attitude may mellow out but some reptiles change while some dont

01/18/16  11:21am

Vyros
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2316610

Thank you, hes seemed to mellow out now. And i was mistaken, he is actually an egyptian uro. I just figured he was geyri feom his yellow color. He does come up to my hand now and likes occasional rubs on the chin

01/23/16  01:38pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Vyros   In reference to Message Id: 2316690

Your welcome... Good to hear everything’s fine now

01/23/16  02:08pm

Blueh
View Profile

Message To: Vyros   In reference to Message Id: 2316608

Honestly, you shouldn’t be trying to hold your uromastyx for about three weeks. People say leave them alone for a week, but uros seem to do much better being alone for longer before anything starts handling them.

Also, can you post some pictures of the little guy? I would love to see him! Congrats on your new uro!

01/26/16  12:44pm

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area