Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Isomerism   That Uro Guy   Isomerism   Isomerism   Isomerism   Blueh  

Member  Message

Isomerism
View Profile

Unidentified Uromastyx

So this is my dude Larry, and I’ve owned him for about 11 years now. He’s still livin well. I just have no idea what breed he is and I’ve tried searching everywhere but I can’t find a picture of one that looks the same as him. Anybody got a good idea? I know the pattern on his back has to be an indicator of some sort, I just don’t know what breed he could be! The pet store owners had no idea what breed he was, and I also got him when he was between 6-12 months old. I was also 9 when I got him. Thanks in advance!

11/17/15  05:38pm

That Uro Guy
View Profile

Message To: Isomerism   In reference to Message Id: 2315752

Unidentified Uromastyx

Try linking the photo/photos if you can’t get inserting it to work Yes a good top profile picture and a second side on picture should allow identification and sexing. Though in some rarer breeds a ventral shot is also required these are not generally available through pet shops.
Also just a clarification, there no breeds of uromastyx. The word breed is specific to domesticated animals which are all the same species. For instance all domestic dogs are the same species, Canis Lupus Familiaris but there are various breeds of domestic dog. There are however various species of the genus uromastyx and several recognized subspecies.

11/22/15  09:17am

Isomerism
View Profile

Message To: That Uro Guy   In reference to Message Id: 2315836

Unidentified Uromastyx

Larry

11/23/15  10:30pm

Isomerism
View Profile

Message To: Isomerism   In reference to Message Id: 2315879

Unidentified Uromastyx

Here’s Larry, sorry just figured out how to link it correctly.

11/23/15  10:52pm

Isomerism
View Profile

Message To: Isomerism   In reference to Message Id: 2315880

Unidentified Uromastyx

Please, still unidentified and he/she needs a mate!

06/07/16  05:29pm

Blueh
View Profile

Message To: Isomerism   In reference to Message Id: 2318636

Unidentified Uromastyx

Looks like a Mali Uromastyx (Uromastyx maliensis), but I would have to see a picture of his back just to be sure. And if you wanted to know his sex, I’d need to see a picture of his pores and his hemipenal bulges.

Just curious, but why are you looking for a mate for him? Are you planning to breed him?

06/07/16  07:30pm

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area