Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Littlefooturo   Saintspooky  

Member  Message

Littlefooturo
View Profile

Handling Uro

I have a Mali Uro "Little Foot", that is a little under a year old. I was told 6 months when I got him and I’ve had him about a month.

He isn’t a huge fan of being held and he’s super squirmy. When I tried moving him to a bigger tank, I reached down to get him and he started doing the defensive "S" move; I read that move is a sign of aggression.

Since then, while he has been adapting to his new home, he won’t let me get anywhere near him. He runs to his hide the second I reach into the cage. So, as a result, I’ve just been leaving him alone.

Any recommendations on how to make him more tame? I’m not trying to hold him every minute of the day, or even everyday, but it would be nice to get him out of the cage every once in a while or even to clean his cage.

Thank you!

06/21/15  05:15pm

Saintspooky
View Profile

Message To: Littlefooturo   In reference to Message Id: 2313991

Handling Uro

Have you tried hand feeding some flowers? Luckily when i got my uromastyx a few days ago, she isn’t very shy and is extremely use to people from what i have seen. I figured hand feeding their favorite foods would be a nice way to gain some trust 😋

06/21/15  10:02pm

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area