Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dertz217   Dertz217   Saintspooky  

Member  Message

Dertz217
View Profile

Help 911!!!!

hello all. I am new to the site but am in desperate need of help. My girlfriend and I got a red Uro about a month ago. He was a bit thin when we got him from the pet store. We were able to get some weight on him but in the last week and a half he has stopped eating. He has lost a ridiculous amount of weight and is on the brink of death. We may have done some things wrong with his care in the first week. But since then she has read up on care and we think that his environment is pretty good. He has no weight or energy what so ever. What I’m needing to know is WHAT CAN WE DO!!!!! She is very upset and we don’t want our Uro to die. Please help if you can!!!

05/31/15  10:46am

Dertz217
View Profile

Message To: Dertz217   In reference to Message Id: 2313772

Help 911!!!!

We are worried that he has some sort of paracite. Is there something we can give him

05/31/15  11:03am

Saintspooky
View Profile

Message To: Dertz217   In reference to Message Id: 2313773

Help 911!!!!

I’m still new to uromastyx but from what i have learned is he is probably dehydrated at this point. Some people say to soak dehydrated mali’s in electrolytes for about 10 mins. Although soaking uromastyx in water too often can result in tail rot if their tail stays damp after the soak. There are also appetite stimulants for lizards that have stopped eating. Both the electrolytes and appetite stimulants are sold at pet stores. Or i have heard power aid/gator aid for electrolyte baths are used also. Ultimately a trip to a vet would be best.

06/21/15  09:59pm

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area