So i just found this site and wanted to share my mali named zero
Ive had him for a long time, Got him at pets mart i think in 2001. Someone had special ordered it and never came to pick him up, I bought him 2 friends Many years apart . he killed the first one. The second one named porcelina took a bit out of him so i had to give it away
1) How long have you owned the animal
2) Dimensions of the enclosure you are using. Measure it- do not guess or give gallon size
Currently: 75gallon 18w/48l
Past: Custom plywood enclosure 24wX36l
Past: Custom plywood enclosure 48wX70l
3) Species (if known), length, and weight of the animal
Mali, About 10in long
4) Listing of all animals kept in the enclosure referred to in the post
Just him self, if it is a he.
5) Basking spot temperature and how that temperature was measured
~120F IR temp gun
6) Temperature throughout the rest of the enclosure (warm and cool areas) and how these temperatures were measured e.g. digital thermometer, stick on dial thermometer. Provide the nighttime temperatures as well.
hot side 95-105
cold side ~80
Heat mat under tile under sand
Temp read/ controlled by herbkeeper
7) Acknowledge whether you are using a UVB bulb and if so, the brand, age of bulb, and distance from the bulb to the uromastyx
Arcadia d3+ 22in
~16in from backing spot
Replaced 1x year
pretty much every uvb florescent made
8) Diet items being fed and how often each item is fed
Rotating diet of frozen mixed veggies, really likes peas/green beans wont eat carrots! Sprinkled with iguana bites occasionally
Random mixed spring greens/dandelion,etc. spinage kept to a minimum
hibiscus flowers when available
6x crickets maybe 2x a year
9) List of the supplements being used, how much is used, and how often the supplement is used
Rep-Cal Herptivite Occasionally
10) Type of substrate (cage bottom material). If this is sand, state whether it is calcium sand
Play sand Competly changed 2x a year
11) Describe your animal’s daily routine. When it exits the hide, when it retreats for the night, how long it is usually out throughout the day, is it active during this time, how much time does it spend sitting on the basking spot….
Wakes up a few hours after his light comes on, time varies based on season. Stares at you untill u feed him, enjoys being hand fed but will eat fine on his own, basks for a while then goes under slate tile basking spot. Not nearly as active as he was when younger, used to glass dance but hasnt in years
12) Describe your animal’s appetite.
Usally eats everyday but will go days with out touches his food, But when he does decide to eat he eats it all
13) Describe any unusual behaviors you are seeing or any recent changes in behavior. Also note whether any recent modifications have been made to this animal’s environment. e.g new enclosure, move to another room, new heat bulb....
14) Describe how often this animal is handled and the type of handling.
Seldomly taken out of cage anymore as my house is cold. does enjoy a scratching under his neck
15) State whether the animal has been to a vet, when that was, and whether the animal was diagnosed with a medical condition. Also state whether the uromastyx has ever had a fecal check. If so states when the fecal check was done, what was found, and if medication was prescribed.
Never been to a vet, Lost 2 toes. one due to brother letting him climb over a hammer! Other lost during a time when i wasnt home not sure of cause. Over all seems healthy though last shed took a while to complete
Kind gotten fat
Message To: Alpha1172 In reference to Message Id: 2312115
What an awesome little uro. Enjoyed the video :)