Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Shannsss   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Shannsss
View Profile

HELP!! Worried about my newly adopted mali, not eating or moving

So I work at Petsmart (as a groomer) and there had been a uro in a small tank (like the size of a bug box) for months. Recently it’s foot became swollen and vets were unsure of what caused it. it’s policy that we cannot sell animals with any defects or health problems so he became available for adoption. I’ve had my eye on him for a long time and being such the animal lover I am, I decided to adopt him. I did my research, bought the right tank (50 gal), have the right temp (150 watt, sticks going up for hotter temps, a cool side, basking, ect.), feeding him everything that is recommended (veggies and greens), but he just isn’t acting right. He hardly eats, doesn’t hide to sleep, haven’t seen any poop and now recently he spent a whole night plus my 8 hour work day in the same awkward position. I feared he had died but he responds to touch. I don’t know what I am doing wrong, This is my first reptile so I feel like it’s my fault and that I’m doing something wrong. I’m wondering maybe he has been sick since I adopted him because of the poor living conditions he was in. I just want to make him better and I really don’t want him to die on me.

01/14/15  06:45pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Shannsss   In reference to Message Id: 2311866

HELP!! Worried about my newly adopted mali, not eating or moving

Maybe it could be mbd setting in..do you have a uvb light(not the coil)..since he was in that small tank did he receive any proper lighting?? He can also have muscle problems from being cramped too long. Can you explain any symptoms and what’s your setup like?? Is he getting calcium with D3 1-2x weekly??

01/15/15  06:53am

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area