Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Nicholouse   Takahiro111   Corpsb6   Nicholouse  

Member  Message

Nicholouse
View Profile

My old Uro is having some issues

I have a Uro that I adopted a little over 15 years ago. I am not sure how old she was at the time my best guess is between 2 and 5. Over the last month or so she has become much less active and as of a couple weeks ago has stopped pooping and become fairly plump. She will sluggishly eat if food is presented but I am uneasy offering much to her at this point. She has peed several times. The environment is divided into two areas a lightly sanded (not calcium sand) for her to dig in and the other half is slate and rocks this is the basking area and feeding area because I do not want her eating large amounts of sand. I keep her basking area between 110 and 120 deg far I check this with a laser temp gun thing(very high quality one). She has refused all foods accept lettuce and carrots for her entire life. I have a basking light and a UVB tube that run for around 12 hours a day. It is a couple weeks old I changed it when I saw something was wrong with her. I have a feeling that she is just old but I want to reach out to the community and see what is available for her. One thing that should be noted is that she does not have tail spines and has not had them in the time that I had her. The last few were falling off at the time I got her. I thought they would come back but they never did.

12/07/14  01:03am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Nicholouse   In reference to Message Id: 2311188

Maybe it could be of old age...I had a lizard a couple of years ago that died of old age and acted the same way...it was a frilled dragon. My albino burm is close to reaching his elderly years lol he’s 13 and if I read correctly they live 15 or more years(read this somewhere).

12/07/14  04:55am

Corpsb6
View Profile

Is it possible that your Uromastyx is just responding to the change of seasons? I have several Uromastyx that will go off their food as winter approaches. Some will not eat for a few months. I assume this is unlikely since you have had it so long that you would probably have noticed this as a yearly cycle. I would suggest you get it to a vet who regularly deals with reptiles.

12/09/14  08:39pm

Nicholouse
View Profile

Well I regret to inform you all that she has passed on. I will miss her. About what age do they reach full size?

12/12/14  09:44pm

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area