Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

New2uros   Corpsb6   New2uros  

Member  Message

New2uros
View Profile

Reptaid use for uromastyx

Has anyone used reptaid for their uros? I have a ornate that is about 1 1/2 years old. She weighs 25 grams. She weighed 15 grams when I got her in January of this year. She is housed alone and is given fresh food daily. Very active but only seems to eat every other day. She poops daily and it looks good and solid. I was thinking of treating with reptaid to help her appetite. I have used it in the past with my bearded dragons that slow down on their eating and it worked great for them. Any thoughts? Thanks

11/13/14  12:01pm

Corpsb6
View Profile

Message To: New2uros   In reference to Message Id: 2310816

I wouldn’t be too concerned with treating your uro just because it eats every other day. From what you describe, the animal sounds pretty healthy and active. I have several different types of uros and although I give them food daily, they don’t always eat every day, especially now that winter is coming. In the winter some of them disappear into their hides for a few months without coming out to eat at all. I used to worry about them but they would come back out usually in March with no ill effects. Also, I used to feed mine every other day and they didn’t have any problems with that schedule. If your animal has good body weight , is active, and you are feeding it a good diet, I wouldn’t worry about it.

11/15/14  10:39pm

New2uros
View Profile

Message To: Corpsb6   In reference to Message Id: 2310851

Thank you for the input. I think you’re right. I was just kind worried because of the young age. I’m noticing that my other uros are starting to do the same thing and they are about the same age. Thanks again

11/16/14  10:30am

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area