Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Turbo the Uro   Takahiro111   Turbo the Uro   Corpsb6  

Member  Message

Turbo the Uro
View Profile

Ornate Uromastyx not eating a whole lot..

Hey guys, I’m new on this site and I am away at college and I keep my Ornate with me. He was eating like crazy until about a month or so ago. He is just a tad over 1 year old and about 8 inches long. He is still very active especially around like 4AM or so then goes to sleep around 11 am and sometimes will come out during the day. His cage is always clean and the right temperature. I made the mistake of feeding him sweet peas every day for a little while I think he got spoiled. So I’m using the tough love method and leaving lentils and fresh spring mix in his cage everyday. I think he’s eating but I’m not sure. anyone have any advice as to why his appetite has died down the past month?

11/04/14  07:07pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Turbo the Uro   In reference to Message Id: 2310681

Did you just recently move to college with your uro?? It can be that or he want the peas that you kept giving him lol somethings can be addictive to our pets. And when I use to have a uro I read that peas shouldn’t be giving everyday.

11/04/14  08:27pm

Turbo the Uro
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2310684

I moved here in august, so I don’t think he is stressed. I read the thing about the peas being a sweet treat after the 2 weeks that I fed him peas, and that he is addicted to them. So I read about the tough love thing and been trying that

11/04/14  08:37pm

Corpsb6
View Profile

Message To: Turbo the Uro   In reference to Message Id: 2310685

It could be the time of year. I live in Minnesota and have my uros in a room in my walk out basement. Even though I have heat lights on during the day all year, night temps are lower and they seem to be able to tell the change of seasons and start to eat less and spend more time in their hide boxes. Some of them will spend a few months in their hides for two to three months and hardly eat anything. I am not saying that this is what is occurring with yours but it could be.

11/15/14  10:52pm

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area