Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Thwomp.mali   Takahiro111   Thwomp.mali   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Thwomp.mali
View Profile

New mali will only eat from my hand

I got Thwomp a week ago today from petsmart. They didn’t know age or sex but said she wasn’t over a year old... I’m guess Thwomp is a she haha. She is about 10-12 inches long and I have her in a 40 gal terrarium... she has hidding spots and a basking rock with a heat lamp and a uvb lamp. Temp has been about 100f on the hot side and 90f on the cool side. I’ve been having trouble keeping the humidity down so it’s been about 40%... but is also been raining here non stop the last few weeks. She has taken to me really well she crawls into my hand and likes sitting on my shoulder... I take her out once a day for about 10 minutes. Problem is that I set food or for her and she won’t touch it. She knows it’s there... but won’t eat it. Only time she will eat is if I pick up little pieces and hold it in front of her face then she comps it out of my fingers. I want her to be able to eat on her own tho cause a few days a week I work all day to were she is barely up when I leave and sleeping when I get home. I’m not sure what to do she is my first uro and first lizard that I didn’t just have to give crickets to lol. Any advice would be great!

08/03/14  10:22pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Thwomp.mali   In reference to Message Id: 2308225

That’s a cute name lol....your lizard is beginning to get reallllly lazy so stop feeding out your hand put some insects in a bowl and put it in the cage. Keep doing this then it should recognize it has no choice but to eat from the bowl instead of your hand.

08/04/14  01:23pm

Thwomp.mali
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2308241

Thank you... she ate today or of her bowl but also pooped in it haha and I’m not sure if I want to give her insects... sticking with mostly greens but she ate the lentils I put out today :)

08/04/14  09:30pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Thwomp.mali   In reference to Message Id: 2308258

Yay :) that’s good to hear

08/05/14  06:57am

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area