Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Silvermarmot   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Silvermarmot
View Profile

Saharan uro running in circles

I have a 1 1/2 year old male uro. Tank is a Nat Geo 50gal. It measures 16 or 18 inches high and deep and something over 36" long (not home can’t measure, sorry) his ambient temp is 104 to 85 gradient basking at 118-120 under an Exo Terra 13w 150 UVB and a Petsmart brand 100w basking light. Sometimes also a 75w Petsmart basking bulb just shy of the halfway point closer to the hot end if the temps aren’t even, and light from the room lights so the cool end isn’t too dark. Temps measured ambient with in tank digital thermometers and basking with a temp gun. Humidity around 18-20%, sometimes hits near 30% at night with all lights off (temps stay in the upper 70s at night) Hides on both ends, no digging area (he made an absolute mess of it and himself), raised area for basking and general climbing about. He eats mainly dandelion greens or spring mix with squash and the occasional fruit. Peas once every week or two as a treat. Calcium spray every 2-3 days on the greens and reptical herptivite powder twice weekly on non calcium days. He has constant access to a rotation of red lentils, millet, and parakeet mix.

Okay, I think that’s the important stuff out of the way. Generally Icarus is the laziest lizard spending 70% of the day eating and basking and 30% in his hide or on the cool side of his tank. He’s completed one full shed no problems and is just starting his second since I got him (he’s already 12" easy). Goes to the bathroom normally, no change in stool or urine (white bit, proper name?). In the last two weeks though, he has started to do this thing where he goes to the branch and plant in the middle of his tank and runs these crazy circles on top of them like a dog chasing it’s tail. He does this for about a minute or two and then goes back to normal. It happens at about noon every day and I just want to make sure he’s okay and this isn’t a sign of internal problems. Any advise on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

08/02/14  12:00pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Silvermarmot   In reference to Message Id: 2308190

Saharan uro running in circles

I’m not sure why but my agama does this weird thing were he climb up his basking spot on the mesh top then literally flips backwards without hurting himself my skink would try the same thing. If their healthy and acting normal I don’t see what’s the problem:/

08/02/14  05:51pm

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area