Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Ur06   ReptileGOD   Ur06   ReptileGOD  

Member  Message

Ur06
View Profile

I found my new, young uromastyx on his back. Please help!

I brought home a uromastyx last night. He’s around 6 months old. At the pet store they fed him crickets and veggies. I’ve been feeding him greens, veggies, and some bird seed. I know not to feed him insects. The hot side of the tank was about 100 degrees today, and the cool side was in the mid-eigtys. I am going ti buy a better heat emmiter tomorrow. I also have the 10. UVB bulb.

He basked today for a while, walked around his tank, but hasn’t eaten. And tonight at 2:15 a.m. I found him laying on his back in his cave that he slept in last night. I removed the cave and he wiggled his toes and moved his feet but didn’t move. I pet his belly a little, and still didn’t move. I gently nudged him back on his right side and he’s not just laying there...

I’m soo worred :( Please help me. Is this normal? What could be the issue if not?

07/31/14  01:26am

ReptileGOD
View Profile

Message To: Ur06   In reference to Message Id: 2308122

Let him get used to his surroundings and new enclosure cause almost all reptiles won’t eat until they aren’t stressed anymore

07/31/14  08:01am

Ur06
View Profile

Message To: ReptileGOD   In reference to Message Id: 2308128

Okay wow so I came home today to find him eating! I am so happy :) I also bought a heat emmiter and he should be happier now too. I am so glad he’s okay. Still don’t know how he ended up on his back last night, but as long as he’s okay not.

07/31/14  04:14pm

ReptileGOD
View Profile

Message To: Ur06   In reference to Message Id: 2308139

Good for you

07/31/14  04:34pm

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area