Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Member  Message

Obi420
View Profile

Rescue Eye Problems

1) How long have you owned the animal? 2 days
 2) Dimensions of the enclosure you are using. Measure it- do not guess or give gallon size. She temporarily being house in a rubber maid to see if she sick or not which is 42.5 by 21.5
 3) Species (if known), length, and weight of the animal Geyri. Uro
 4) Listing of all animals kept in the enclosure referred to in the post Just her for now but i have another male Geyri id like to introduce her to
5) Basking spot temperature and how that temperature was measured. Shine of thermometer 104 basking 94-98 everywhere else
 6) Temperature throughout the rest of the enclosure (warm and cool areas) and how these temperatures were measured e.g. digital thermometer, stick on dial thermometer. Provide the nighttime temperatures as well. its 90 all over at night
7) Acknowledge whether you are using a UVB bulb and if so, the brand, age of bulb, and distance from the bulb to the uromastyx i use a 3 month old 10.0 uvb zoomed brand and its 22 inches above the substrate
 8) Diet items being fed and how often each item is fed ive only had her 24 hours but she ate escarole
9) List of the supplements being used, how much is used, and how often the supplement is used 10) Type of substrate (cage bottom material). If this is sand, state whether it is calcium sand. I plan to give her flukers liquid the red one and she has finely washed play sand
11) Describe your animal’s daily routine. When it exits the hide, when it retreats for the night, how long it is usually out throughout the day, is it active during this time, how much time does it spend sitting on the basking spot…. she acts like every uro ive had walking aeound basking alot digging in her hide But im here because shes rubbing her eyes incessently on everything and i wanna know whats wrong.
12) Describe your animal’s appetite. i dont much of this ive only had her one day and moving is stressful
13) Describe any unusual behaviors you are seeing or any recent changes in behavior. Also note whether any recent modifications have been made to this animal’s environment. e.g new enclosure, move to another room, new heat bulb....  She just moved to my hose and rubs both eyes on stuff and keeps them closed a lot
14) Describe how often this animal is handled and the type of handling. ive handled her since being home to was her but not much more than that
 15) State whether the animal has been to a vet, when that was, and whether the animal was diagnosed with a medical condition. Also state whether the uromastyx has ever had a fecal check. If so states when the fecal check was done, what was found, and if medication was prescribe.. none of that

I just got this Gayri she has obvious old healed injurys from living with bearded dragons and she is way super skinny to the point I was afraid it might have been to late and she wouldn’t eat for me but in a surprising turn of events she has beeneating and I already use perscription pads I had from when I rescued my last Uro

The real question here is I see her rubbing her eyes a lot and she keeps them closed I figure it from past exposure to shitty light bulbs but will her eyes "heal"? Or ... idk what to do none of my pets have ever had this problem. I feel bad for the poor girl!

07/28/14  04:19pm

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area