Razzy   ReptileGOD   Razzy   ReptileGOD   Razzy   ReptileGOD  

Member  Message

Razzy
View Profile

Nigerian Uromastyx is sick ! Can someone Help

) How long have you owned the animal

I have had Razour
6 months

2) Dimensions of the enclosure you are using. Measure it- do not guess or give gallon size

48"l x 16" w

3) Species (if known), length, and weight of the animal

Nigerian uro

4) Listing of all animals kept in the enclosure referred to in the post

he is alone I house 2 others also in same room a plica plica(new species) and mountain horn dragon but I control humidity well for my Uro

5) Basking spot temperature and how that temperature was measured
120 - 135

6) Temperature throughout the rest of the enclosure (warm and cool areas) and how these temperatures were measured e.g. digital thermometer, stick on dial thermometer. Provide the nighttime temperatures as well.

warm side runs 90 -105 cool side runs 80-85 night time runs 75-80 basking runs 130 using digital thermo

7) Acknowledge whether you are using a UVB bulb and if so, the brand, age of bulb, and distance from the bulb to the uromastyx

eco terra brand uvb 100 and is about 5 months old , is 8 inches away from him

8) Diet items being fed and how often each item is fed

Daily he is offered fresh spring mix but he is no longer eating and its been 6 days I tried yesterday to force feed him alittle squash baby food im thinking he has to be dehydrated what can I do to hydrate him

9) List of the supplements being used, how much is used, and how often the supplement is used

Uromastyx Dust by T-REX all in one super food

10) Type of substrate (cage bottom material). If this is sand, state whether it is calcium sand

was walnut shells but read lots negative so removed and he has paper towel and rocks

11) Describe your animal’s daily routine. When it exits the hide, when it retreats for the night, how long it is usually out throughout the day, is it active during this time, how much time does it spend sitting on the basking spot….

he usally comes out around 10 am heads for basking spot he will stay there for an hour or so then he will go to eat after he eat he basking again for 30 minutes or so then he begins he active day of digging the rocks and window dancing he loves to do and then will nap around 2 until suppertime then he comes out again to bask eat play and climb a bit longer and head to bed around 7 30 - 8

12) Describe your animal’s appetite.

he is not eating nor drinking its been almost 7 days and I’m starting to worry about dehydration and He use to eat well everyday twice breakfast and supper . He is not interested in anything to eat I tried force feed him tiny bit of baby food squash yesterday didn’t get much in him not even 1 cc also syringed 1 cc of water in him or tried

13) Describe any unusual behaviors you are seeing or any recent changes in behavior. Also note whether any recent modifications have been made to this animal’s environment. e.g new enclosure, move to another room, new heat bulb....

that’s the strange part absolutely nothing has changed in his environment . He is currently just laying on paper not even basking spot and has no interest in moving or even really opening his eyes I light touch his neck every now and then just to be sure he is still alive and has movement

14) Describe how often this animal is handled and the type of handling.

My Uro is very personable with clean washed hands he loves to be held up so he can climb higher I have researched this lizard prior to my purchase of him to see he can be handle and has a docile personality . but I analyze all my animals well So as I notice he wasn’t right or his normal way , I have stopped handling him other then to see he is alive

15) State whether the animal has been to a vet, when that was, and whether the animal was diagnosed with a medical condition. Also state whether the uromastyx has ever had a fecal check. If so states when the fecal check was done, what was found, and if medication was prescribed.

no vet yet but on his way , no fecal check and so far I haven’t been able to get sample no food no poos .

Photos of the animal and/or issue can be extremely helpful.

The more questions that you provide answers to, the quicker and more accu

07/19/14  09:08am

ReptileGOD
View Profile

Message To: Razzy   In reference to Message Id: 2307594

I like that u answered all of the questions but I don’t know much about uromastax and thus forum is certain slow

07/19/14  11:12am

Razzy
View Profile

Message To: ReptileGOD   In reference to Message Id: 2307595

yea he has finally pooped some liquid squash but :( little white worms at the end of it .. is there’s way to rid of worms other then oral suspensions from vet

07/19/14  06:05pm

ReptileGOD
View Profile

Message To: Razzy   In reference to Message Id: 2307605

WORMS!!!!!!

07/19/14  08:59pm

Razzy
View Profile

Message To: ReptileGOD   In reference to Message Id: 2307624

Worms has now killed my Uro :( only was seriously showing sick signs for a week never made it to vet tomorrow :( everyone treat your lizards with panacur it wont kill them even if they dont have worms better to be safe then sorry , I also own 1 of the new species the Plica Plica as well as mountain horn dragon who I will be treating forsure right away with no questions as well as our 20lb cat and ourselves as worms can travel from animal / reptile to humans also ... :(

07/20/14  07:47am

ReptileGOD
View Profile

Message To: Razzy   In reference to Message Id: 2307629

Srry about your loss

07/20/14  07:51am

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area