Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Kittyyyykat   Takahiro111   Kittyyyykat   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Kittyyyykat
View Profile

Uromastyx Leg Issues??

Hi! I’ve had lizards for quite a while, but got a Mali Uromastyx, Fajita, about... Two or three weeks ago. She is still doing absolutely fine, she likes to climb the side of the tank, balancing on only her tail, and got herself stuck quite a few times between the glass and the rock (I moved the rock so it won’t happen again.) She is VERY active, she runs around her tank literally just doing laps sometimes. She eats all her veggies (spring mix is her favorite, but I do feed her carrots and peas sometimes and she gets grapes as a treat once or twice a week), and will sometimes hunt her crickets (not her favorite, but I know uros don’t eat a lot of meat anyway). After she’s done running around in the morning, she eats, then she likes to drape herself over her log and her rock and just hang there under her light. She’s active and alert, she watches me all the time, she likes to be held and will crawl into my hands. Today, I noticed she wasn’t using her back right leg. It’s not swollen, I took her to my friend (he helps me with my lizards, as I have taken the Chinese Water Dragons to the vet and they have given me the wrong information). He said it wasn’t broken, but didn’t really know how to help me.

So, here’s the thing - she holds it almost like it got stuck on the spikes on her tail and she’s just leaving it there. She’ll use it, but would rather just slither around. It’s not swollen. I don’t know what’s wrong.

Other information: Her tank is 30inx12.5x12.5. She does have a UVB light, but I don’t know what brand - I think Zilla or Exo-Terra. Her substrate is multivitamin sand (I hate using this stuff, but for her specifically it was recommended).

Another question, my littlest Chinese Water Dragon had EITHER gout or a dislocated elbow, I’m pretty sure it was a dislocated elbow. I gave him black cherry extract, as per instructed by many reptile experts, and calcium soaks. Is that okay to do with a Uro, and should I do it with Fajita?

07/18/14  04:00pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Kittyyyykat   In reference to Message Id: 2307567

Uromastyx Leg Issues??

I think you should call the vet to see what’s going on because that don’t sound good the treatment you was giving your water dragons don’t give to the uro because it can have negative side effects since both lizards has a diffrent health problem their facing.

07/19/14  02:59pm

Kittyyyykat
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2307600

Uromastyx Leg Issues??

Thank you, she seems to be okay now, though. I think she must have just got it stuck between the rock and glass. She’s using it just fine now.

07/20/14  12:08pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Kittyyyykat   In reference to Message Id: 2307650

Uromastyx Leg Issues??

That’s great to hear..then it was probably just sore if it was stuck.

07/20/14  01:07pm

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area