Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dizard   Baja   Cassandra1248  

Member  Message

Dizard
View Profile

Need uro help!?!

I have a uro thats around 8-9 years old that i rescued. He was a on a diet of romaine and greens and ypur occasional crickets. I know that romaine has little to no nutritional value so i have been trying to ween him off of that but he has been very stubborn and seems that thats all hell eat. He has never had uvb. He used to be on bird seed for his substrate with a basking spot around 120. He is now just on paper towels aince he started going dowb hill. He stopped eating, hasnt pooped and he doesnt do much. Hell walk around thrpughout the day but refuses food. Hell drink if hes put in a warm soak, bit still not poop or eating. He has never been impacted and was always very lively. Nkw, nothing. This has been going on for some time now. Any advice or ideas on what is going on, or what i can do? Someone please help!!

06/17/14  10:12am

Baja
View Profile

Message To: Dizard   In reference to Message Id: 2305731

Need uro help!?!

I’m sorry about your uro. How long ago did you get him/her? She could just be settling in if you just got her. Sometimes it’s just best to bring the animal to a vet before its too late. It’s better to bring it in now than never,

06/21/14  12:00am

Cassandra1248
View Profile

Message To: Dizard   In reference to Message Id: 2305731

Need uro help!?!

Romain isn’t actually that bad. its usually a base food for my uro’s and I’ll shred banana squash or yellow squashes on top. Head lettuce isn’t nutritious. For an old uromastyx, i’d stop the crickets. They have no need for that protein. And, if he used to be on bird seed, then he probably ate a lot of that bird seed and it was probably his main diet. if you take him off the seed, you should still keep a bowl of it available. Lentils and millets also work.

Hope you enjoy your new family member and I hope this help!

07/01/14  11:26pm

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area