Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Hannahmly   OverlordMaddy   LookingforUro   Vers  

Member  Message

Hannahmly
View Profile

Uromastys sleeping to much!

My uromastyx isn’t active that much anymore. He is always hiding in his burrow. Also he isn’t eating as much.

could anyone tell me why he is hiding all the time?

Also could you tell me what other things that urmastyx like??

I have fed him
spinach
lettuce
carrots
blueberries
mangos
apples
seeds

he only seems to like the spinach and lettuce. What other fruits do you suggest that he might like??

12/08/13  04:35pm

OverlordMaddy
View Profile

Message To: Hannahmly   In reference to Message Id: 2302585

http://repticzone.com/forums/Uromastyx/messages/1956676.html

Copy and paste the questions from that link, with your answers, so we can properly assess the situation. :)

12/08/13  07:36pm

LookingforUro
View Profile

Message To: OverlordMaddy   In reference to Message Id: 2302587

I can tell you that spinach and lettuce are terrible...

12/08/13  07:39pm

Vers
View Profile

Message To: Hannahmly   In reference to Message Id: 2302585

Welcome. There are many reasons your animal may be less active, but more information will be required in order to try and narrow down the possibilities. Can you please fill out the ’Please Read Before Posting’ questionnaire (posted on the index page) and post your responses to this thread? Try to be as detailed as possible when doing so.

As far as diet goes, I would cut pretty much everything you’ve tried. I would offer curly endive (C. endivia var. crispum), escarole (C. endivia var. latifolia), chicory (C. intybus), orchard grass (buy seeds on ebay to grow on your own), dandelion greens, despined opuntia, winter squash (i.e. spaghetti squash), edible flowers (i.e. pesticide+herbicide free hibiscus, dandelion, nasturtium, hollyhock mallow) and mazuri/ZooMed tortoise diet (ground or lightly soaked). Various other greens, like turnip greens, collard greens, coriander/cilantro, radicchio and arugula can also be fed, but generally speaking should be in less quantity/frequency. Generally speaking fruits, berries and many grain based food items are unnecessary.

12/08/13  07:44pm

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area