Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

MissAnne2u   Herpman112   MissAnne2u   Herpman112  

Member  Message

MissAnne2u
View Profile

Moved....Uros won’t eat

so I recently moved, and my two adult Uros have totally stopped eating, I’m starting to get concerned as it has been 2 weeks since we moved.

they were in a room with a closed door where it maintained approximately 90 - 100 degrees all the time, now they are in the living room and I’m keeping the house at 70 degs and they have their lights on 7 a.m. To 7 p.m. The enclosures are 5ft x 2 ft x 2 ft, they have 100 watt PowerSun lights on each of them and a heat emitter on at night. daytime basking area is 134, cool end is 84, I feed them each a handful of greens each day.

I have had these 2 lizards for 7 years and never had a problem with them eating until now.

Any ideas or suggestions??

11/26/13  12:24pm

Herpman112
View Profile

Message To: MissAnne2u   In reference to Message Id: 2302407

Moved....Uros won’t eat

Allot of reptiles will be affected by a move, uro’s seem to be a bit more sensitive to move’s (i am sure there are others but i am not aware of them) if they were good eaters and otherwise healthy i would not worry about it much, one way i introduce my uros to new environements or cages is to cover up the front of their tanks (enclosure) for a while so that they cannot see out and about for a bit. Continue to offer them fresh greens so they do not get dehydrated and leave them alone for a couple weeks, i am sure they will be fine all else being equal.

11/26/13  01:05pm

MissAnne2u
View Profile

Message To: Herpman112   In reference to Message Id: 2302408

Moved....Uros won’t eat

"Fat" Albert started eating yesterday (2 wks not eating and yes, I can still call him that LOL ).... Azreal was out basking yesterday for the 1st time since we moved but she still didn’t eat :( I’m giving them fresh veggies everyday so hopefully Azreal will start eating again soon.

I put a huge 6ft Lng x 4ft High Fan in front of Azreal’s windows, hopefully that will make her feel more secure. I can’t put a blanket on her tank because Alberts’ tank sits on top of hers.

Thanks for the advice :)

11/29/13  11:05am

Herpman112
View Profile

Message To: MissAnne2u   In reference to Message Id: 2302446

Moved....Uros won’t eat

hows it going?

12/02/13  09:47pm

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area