Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

GMAROLIE   Herpman112   GMAROLIE  

Member  Message

GMAROLIE
View Profile

Distance to basking spot??

I am about to purchase a Zoo Med Power Sun 100 watt Mercury Vapor bulb so I can have uva uvb and heat all in one bulb Can anyone reliably tell me what a SAFE distance to my Uro Mali’s basking spot would be? I read 10 to 12 inches then others said 14 to 16 inches?? I will have it on a screen top so if it’s too close I won’t purchase it

11/25/13  03:08pm

Herpman112
View Profile

Message To: GMAROLIE   In reference to Message Id: 2302392

100 watt will likley not do it for you if you are looking for both heat and UVB, the screen is going to dilute most of any benefit. The height should be around that 10-12 " march but you must use a temp gun or something to check the temps of the slate or whatever you are using as a basking medium, slate is by far the best (or black non painted tile from hardware store) i would by a 12x12 dark tile, place it on 1x1 pieces of wood or small bricks to elevate the basking spot, then use your temp guage to get to the right tems at the distance of around that 12" mark, if you cant get the heat up enough while at that distance add another small 50 watt flood lamp. Hope it works out for you.

11/26/13  02:50pm

GMAROLIE
View Profile

Message To: Herpman112   In reference to Message Id: 2302410

Ok thank you for the info !!

11/27/13  05:07am

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area