Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Ambery1   Ambery1   OverlordMaddy   Zsoccerdude17  

Member  Message

Ambery1
View Profile

Help, starved uro just found!!!

My son’s Uro escaped about 2.5 months ago and it was just found!!!! We tore our house up looking for it and we just found it 2 hrs ago! No paw it’s skinny, barely moving and it’s a Sunday so I can’t get her to a herp! We put her under the UV light and she is moving more but won’t eat. I read baby food can be used to force feed? What do we do??

Thanks so much!!!

10/20/13  12:41pm

Ambery1
View Profile

Message To: Ambery1   In reference to Message Id: 2301826

Is there a reason why no one is responding? Please help! She still isn’t eating. :-(

10/20/13  09:13pm

OverlordMaddy
View Profile

Message To: Ambery1   In reference to Message Id: 2301835

I don’t think this forum is checked as much as it used to be. I would definitely bring the animal to a vet as soon as you can. When I had to force feed my baby Uro, my vet recommended blending up all his veggies and adding some pedialyte (non-flavored). I’m not sure if baby food would be too high in sugar or something, I haven’t really had a need to read the labels on the stuff. But I would definitely add some pedialyte to whatever you plan on syringe feeding to help hydrate the little guy. Do you only have a UVB bulb on it right now or is there a heat bulb as well? I would definitely recommend adding a heat bulb if you don’t already have one. He needs warmth and hydration, for sure. Without being hydrated, he might not have the energy to eat, and without warmth he won’t be able to digest properly, which can result in more problems. But yeah, definitely bring him to a vet as soon as you can. It’s a miracle the lizard survived for so long without the proper care. I once had a corn snake get loose in my house for over 6 months, and we found it alive. But snakes are kinda built to go months without food, I’m not sure if Uros are.

Oh, if you don’t know what pedialyte is or where to get it, I’ve always been able to find it in the baby section of any pharmacy. It’s basically electrolytes. Make sure to get non-flavored stuff, and get a small bottle if you can. Once you open it, the stuff expires fast so you can’t really keep a huge bottle of it on hand for a long time. I guess you can read the label for that kinda info though.

10/21/13  07:23am

Zsoccerdude17
View Profile

Message To: OverlordMaddy   In reference to Message Id: 2301841

How did this turn out??

11/04/13  03:49pm

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area