Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

GMAROLIE   GMAROLIE   OverlordMaddy   GMAROLIE   OverlordMaddy   GMAROLIE   OverlordMaddy   GMAROLIE   OverlordMaddy   GMAROLIE   GMAROLIE   GMAROLIE  

Member  Message

GMAROLIE
View Profile

Zil might be constipated ??

Well now Zil looks very bloated I think he might be constipated. He goes to the bathroom very infrequently and its been at least a week now and I’m getting worried. He still eats and acts fine but can someone PLEASE tell me what to do about this ?? I read giving them a warm bath helps but then others say that’s the worst thing to do. I really don’t know how to help him...actually I think it’s a female. Please any ideas would be greatly appreciated !!!

10/14/13  03:50pm

GMAROLIE
View Profile

Message To: GMAROLIE   In reference to Message Id: 2301685

Isn’t there anyone on this site that’s ever experienced this ?? I’ve read such great stuff on here and it’s helped me ALOT since I’ve been fostering this Uro Mali and I really need some advice on what to do to help him or her Anyone have any clue what I should do ?

10/15/13  10:36am

OverlordMaddy
View Profile

Message To: GMAROLIE   In reference to Message Id: 2301702

I don’t have any advice on this atm, but has the situation improved at all?

10/19/13  06:42pm

GMAROLIE
View Profile

Message To: OverlordMaddy   In reference to Message Id: 2301808

Yes she ( I think Its a female ) Finally had a very big B M on fri night and now she’s been hiding for 2 days. Hasn’t eaten anything at all
I was sooo relieved when she went and now I don’t understand. She ate every day even when she didn’t go and now isn’t eating and only came out briefly today and went back in hiding??? Is this brumation ?

10/20/13  09:10pm

OverlordMaddy
View Profile

Message To: GMAROLIE   In reference to Message Id: 2301834

Well, she shouldn’t be brumating unless the temps have changed a bunch in the last few weeks. What are the temps in your terrarium? If she was having trouble passing bowel movements, maybe it means the temps weren’t quite warm enough?

10/21/13  07:15am

GMAROLIE
View Profile

Message To: OverlordMaddy   In reference to Message Id: 2301840

Thank you for always responding to me you’re right not too many people apparently are monitoring this site. I rarely get any answers. Anyway her temps were a little low but she was use to that for 10 years before I got her but I did bring them up to 120’s on hot side and around 80 ’s on cool side. But I noticed she WOULD NOT BASK. She stayed on the bottom of tank so I felt she was too hot. And not use to that high temp so I adjusted them back to where they were around 110 and 75. She then basked again etc. now I’m raising them again to see what happens. It’s been 3 days of no eating and only poked her head out once yesterday and went right back to her hide I’m really concerned ???

10/21/13  12:00pm

OverlordMaddy
View Profile

Message To: GMAROLIE   In reference to Message Id: 2301851

Mine basks like right next to his basking spot, not directly under it. Try and keep the temps up to where they should be. 3 days isn’t very long, but keep an eye on her. If she starts to lose a lot of weight, then I’d start to be more worried. Maybe try offering some flowers to entice her to eat? If I put dandelions or rose petals in my Uro’s food bowl, he goes NUTS. He will even climb onto my hand just to eat them, and my Uro is a very skittish little guy. Maybe if she eats a few petals it’ll help stimulate her appetite.

10/22/13  02:53pm

GMAROLIE
View Profile

Message To: OverlordMaddy   In reference to Message Id: 2301874

Thank u again. Her temps are up and she came out last night and was out all day today. She ate some not ALOT but I’m happy about that !!

10/22/13  03:41pm

OverlordMaddy
View Profile

Message To: GMAROLIE   In reference to Message Id: 2301875

Awesome news! Keep me updated. :)

10/22/13  04:40pm

GMAROLIE
View Profile

Message To: OverlordMaddy   In reference to Message Id: 2301878

Thanx I will!

10/23/13  07:10am

GMAROLIE
View Profile

Message To: OverlordMaddy   In reference to Message Id: 2301878

Hi well Zil hasn’t gone to the bathroom again since oct 18th. I’m realizing that I get myself crazy over this but this seems to be a routine since I have him so I won’t get crazy! I do have a question though. She LOVES dry lentils. Is it ok to always keep a small dish in her cage ?? Also do you know if they are constipating ? She eats very well every day but I don’t know if I should let her have lentils every day also split peas and white millet???? I had a dish with all three in her tank but I stopped cause I don’t know if any of those are bad for her or constipating ?????

11/01/13  10:19am

GMAROLIE
View Profile

Message To: GMAROLIE   In reference to Message Id: 2301891

I thought I reposted but I dont see it so I’ll do it again. My Uro again hasn’t had a BM since oct 18. I’m not freaking out as this seems to be a pattern since I have her . I feed her well, she eats every day. Anyway my question is she LOVES lentils I usually keep a small dish with lentils , split peas and some white millet, but she ravishes the lentils. Are lentils constipating ??? Is it ok to keep any or all 3 of those things in her tank all the time????

11/01/13  11:37am

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area