Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Jorrdddo   Vers   GMAROLIE   Jorrdddo   GMAROLIE   Jorrdddo   Jorrdddo   GMAROLIE   Vers  

Member  Message

Jorrdddo
View Profile

HELP!! My uro escaped

My uromastyx has esxaped his encloused and is somewhere in my apartment. I live in a small 2 bedroom walkup apartment. I’ve torn my room apart 3 times, and searced EVERYWHERE in the house. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to where he could be? Im hoping hes in here and ill get him soon.. theres no way he could have gotten taken/outside.
Let me know if you have any suggestions on luring him, or where he could be.
Thanks

09/24/13  04:37pm

Vers
View Profile

Message To: Jorrdddo   In reference to Message Id: 2301322

HELP!! My uro escaped

Keep in mind they like well enclosed spaces and they can squeeze into or through those spaces easier than you may think. Check around heaters, crevices, closets and every other tight space, including under the fridge (could have crawled up and into the bottom) and any cabinets or furniture you may have. Take extra care in moving any large objects during the search. Until you locate the animal, I would recommend keeping temperatures in the apartment moderately high (at least 75f) and keep doors closed. Other than that, good luck.

09/24/13  07:04pm

GMAROLIE
View Profile

Message To: Jorrdddo   In reference to Message Id: 2301322

HELP!! My uro escaped

Hope you have found him by now but if not we had a similar experience several years ago. My grandson fell asleep with his Uro on his chest and awoke to find him gone. Hed been out all night and it was cooler weather at the time and they had 2 very big dogs hence his father had little faith we would find him at all, let alone alive, and my grandson was so upset he couldn’t go to school. I went running over and I believed he would have headed toward heat, so I moved his bed out and looked under the baseboard heat and sure enough he was wrapped around the pipe coming up from the floor. I had to rip the molding off the wall to get to him but he was fine!! So look whereever there might be a heat source and good luck !

09/25/13  12:15pm

Jorrdddo
View Profile

Message To: GMAROLIE   In reference to Message Id: 2301330

HELP!! My uro escaped

Alright thanks :)
Still no luck in finding him.. its very bizare because my apartment is very small. If my roommate had not been home all day i would have jumped to the conclusion he was stolen from the place.

So far I’ve checked under the fridge, stove, under the couch, up in the upholstery in the couch, in the box spring of my matress, under mine and my roommates dressers. As for hot areas we have 5 heaters in the apartment and all of them have grating on the bottom anything from getting into them.

He’s new, so im not very beaten up over him.. but it was a very expensive lizard and its hard to just sit and relax knowing he is somewhere in the apartment.
As i’ve said, very small apartment and we just moved in
1 kitchen, 1 living area, 1 bathroom and 2 bedrooms.

Really hope he turns up

09/25/13  06:00pm

GMAROLIE
View Profile

Message To: Jorrdddo   In reference to Message Id: 2301336

HELP!! My uro escaped

Ok I’m by far no expert like the others on this site but I thought of someone I know who’s hamster was missing. I know you said you looked under the refrigerator but as Vers said they can get up INSIDE the refrigerator in the mechanism where there’s heat, that’s where my friend found her hamster You’d have to pull it out (unplug it) and check in there ! They can get in from the back or underneath and they do like to hide ......

09/26/13  09:27am

Jorrdddo
View Profile

Message To: GMAROLIE   In reference to Message Id: 2301349

HELP!! My uro escaped

Thanks for the tip :) I have a friend coming to help me look tonight so this and under the stove will be checked. Ill keep an update on the post

09/26/13  10:50am

Jorrdddo
View Profile

Message To: Jorrdddo   In reference to Message Id: 2301350

HELP!! My uro escaped

Just wanted to post and say he is found :) Heard him crawling on the floor as i was going to sleep.. just walked right over and scooped him up

09/29/13  02:17pm

GMAROLIE
View Profile

Message To: Jorrdddo   In reference to Message Id: 2301410

HELP!! My uro escaped

Wow that’s soo great !! I was wondering but didn’t want to ask, I guess he was ok then

09/29/13  05:14pm

Vers
View Profile

Message To: Jorrdddo   In reference to Message Id: 2301410

HELP!! My uro escaped

Good to hear! Now do yourself a huge favor and make sure that enclosure is good and escape proof, will ya?

09/29/13  07:18pm

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area