Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Cassielehman   Takahiro111   Cassielehman   Takahiro111   Cassielehman   Takahiro111   Cassielehman  

Member  Message

Cassielehman
View Profile

Update on two uros

ok well i took both my uros to my vet and had them both checked he said besides an infection in my yello and a tail issue on my red uro they both seem healthy. gave me some meds for them both abd u was abil to bring them home. i hate fource feeding my yello becouse he is so stuborn when it comes with meds. anyone have any easy ways on helping me get him to eat it

07/31/13  03:06pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Cassielehman   In reference to Message Id: 2300107

Update on two uros

Well every lizard may have a different attitude when I had to force feed mine I get something like unsweetened applesauce and put a little on the mouth then soon as he licks it I put a little more to his mouth and he’ll began to eat it.Some people recommend forcing the mouth open which can damage their jaw,teeth,gums,and tongue so I don’t force feed that way it might be painful to them.

07/31/13  03:19pm

Cassielehman
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2300109

Update on two uros

i just cant seem to get him to eat anything when meds are in it. my vet said to crush the tablet and sprinckle it in his food but he wont touch it when i do. then i put it on dandilions witch he absolutly loves but he wont eat it.. i dont want to foruce feed him but i cant seem to get him to eat anything with meds on it

07/31/13  05:14pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Cassielehman   In reference to Message Id: 2300115

Update on two uros

Okay ummm.....how long is he suppose to take the medication?he’s very healthy so has he ever stop eating during shed?if so do you think he’ll be okay without food until he’s finished taking he’s meds?but he needs to eat because he needs his calcium.if he’s used to eat with tongs you can trick him like I do mine.wow this is difficult to think of ways to get him to take his meds lol.

08/02/13  10:05pm

Cassielehman
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2300168

Update on two uros

ty for helping.. he passed away yesterday.. he just went straight downhill and lost almost all his waight in a few days. i sent his body to my vet to see what happened

08/03/13  09:19am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Cassielehman   In reference to Message Id: 2300179

Update on two uros

Oh my god I’m so sorry.

08/03/13  10:04pm

Cassielehman
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2300206

Update on two uros

ya... he went from a healthy weight to skin and bones literally in 4 days... i have no idea what was wrong.. its going to be a week befor i can find out..

08/04/13  12:40pm

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area