Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

LookingforUro   Vers   Cassielehman   LookingforUro   Cassielehman   LookingforUro  

Member  Message

LookingforUro
View Profile

Gordo update!

I stopped tube feeding Gordo on the 24th. He has had antibiotic injections every three days since the beginning of the month. He has been back to normal uro behavior for the past few days. He wakes up an hour after lights go on.. he runs, basks, runs some more, basks some more.. he does this all day and slows down around 6pm and then goes into his hide about 30 minutes before lights out. He did not eat for the first few days but I did see him eat a few bites yesterday. Things are finally looking up. I will post a few pictures as soon as I can get to my pc.

07/29/13  04:44pm

Vers
View Profile

Message To: LookingforUro   In reference to Message Id: 2300035

Gordo update!

Good stuff--It sounds like he’s making a comeback.

07/30/13  12:44pm

Cassielehman
View Profile

Message To: Vers   In reference to Message Id: 2300050

Gordo update!

did u ever find out what was wrong with him becouse my yello nigiran is acting alot like how urs was. : my vet said it was mbd but im not quite sure.. i want a second opinion

07/30/13  02:56pm

LookingforUro
View Profile

Message To: Cassielehman   In reference to Message Id: 2300056

Gordo update!

He had-has a bacterial infection.

07/30/13  05:08pm

Cassielehman
View Profile

Message To: LookingforUro   In reference to Message Id: 2300067

Gordo update!

ahh

07/31/13  10:56am

LookingforUro
View Profile

Message To: Cassielehman   In reference to Message Id: 2300090

Gordo update!

Gordo is getting better every day. He eats now.. and even poops every other day or so. I am hoping that the eating and pooping keeps increasing as they days go on. I have been sprinkling everything I feed him with mazuri tortoise pellet dust trying to get some extra nutrients and fiber into him.

I promised pictures as soon as I could get them. It has been very hard to get a decent picture of him. If hes awake... hes running! Here are a few that I got of him the other day.

08/04/13  12:35pm

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area