Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Rjworley   LookingforUro   Rjworley   LookingforUro   Pugwinkle   LookingforUro  

Member  Message

Rjworley
View Profile

Sleeping in?

The weather where I live is being bi-polar and cant make up it’s mind. It’ll be 100F+ and then rain the next week. Anyway, it’s been raining for a couple days now and my Uro has been sleeping in until about 12:30-1:00 PM. When it’s bright and sunny he’ll wake up around 9:00-10:00AM. Is this a normal behavior for your Uro’s as well? He’s still juvenile.

06/25/13  03:33pm

LookingforUro
View Profile

Message To: Rjworley   In reference to Message Id: 2298871

Sleeping in?

Yes.. sounds pretty normal. Animals can sense barometric pressure.. so he knows its icky out. The fact that hes still coming out is good!

06/25/13  04:21pm

Rjworley
View Profile

Message To: LookingforUro   In reference to Message Id: 2298873

Sleeping in?

Alright, just wanted to be sure. How’s Gordo doing? I’ve been reading up on his progress and it sounds like he’s dong much better.

06/25/13  04:40pm

LookingforUro
View Profile

Message To: Rjworley   In reference to Message Id: 2298874

Sleeping in?

We went to the vet yesterday.. and she seems to really know what shes doing with these guys. She saved a uro with a massive thermal burn and systemic infection with a surgically placed feeding tube in his neck! She gave him some injections and then gave me herbivore critical care to tube feed him 2x a day. He is much less deflated looking now. The xray showed that there may be something wrong with his lungs.. so thats going to be something we have to look into further. I am really hoping thats not the case. I dont know about uros.. but respiratory infections are really bad in beardies and often come back again and again.

06/26/13  12:47am

Pugwinkle
View Profile

Message To: LookingforUro   In reference to Message Id: 2298886

Sleeping in?

How in the world do you tube feed a URO?

06/26/13  01:52pm

LookingforUro
View Profile

Message To: Pugwinkle   In reference to Message Id: 2298904

Sleeping in?

LOL.. very carefully. I have to open his mouth with the back end of a very thin measuring spoon, hold it open while I slide a thin rubber tube 2/3’s of the way down his body. Its really important to keep the mouth open because their powerful jaws can bite off the tube easily.. then he would prob have to go to an emergency vet for removal. I feel horrible every time I do it.. but I know I am working him back to health.. so its got to be done.

06/26/13  08:07pm

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area