Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

OverlordMaddy   LookingforUro   OverlordMaddy  

Member  Message

OverlordMaddy
View Profile

Flowers :)

My Mom has some lilacs and buttercups growing in her backyard. I was wondering if either of them are safe to feed to a Uro. She doesn’t spray pesticides, and neither does any of our neighbors who have lived on our street for over 20 years. There’s also this weird little purple flower with dark leaves. I don’t know what it’s called, but it grows in bunches in a certain part of the yard. We think it’s some sort of local weed but I’ve never seen it take over a persons lawn or anything. It only grows in a patch in one area. I’ll see if I can find a picture. Right now, I only wanna know about the lilacs and buttercups.

06/20/13  03:56pm

LookingforUro
View Profile

Message To: OverlordMaddy   In reference to Message Id: 2298679

I looked them up.. and where lilacs aren’t an obvious no.. the buttercups seem to be. Most all Buttercups are poisonous.. and I wouldn’t know how to find out if the ones you have.. are or are not. Mostly uros can eat any flower that a human can... but I like to stick to the ones I know I can trust.. Dandelion, pansies, rose petals.

06/20/13  10:35pm

OverlordMaddy
View Profile

Message To: LookingforUro   In reference to Message Id: 2298692

I found one site that says buttercups are poisonous, but other than that I got no hits. Nothing that says anything about lilacs either. Hmm... I’ll stick to the dandelions for now.

06/21/13  10:29am

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area