Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

OverlordMaddy   LookingforUro   Vers   OverlordMaddy   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

OverlordMaddy
View Profile

Water AND Poop?

My bf has informed me that Grunt’s poops have been surrounded by water lately. The poops themselves aren’t runny, but they just come out with water. I didn’t think Uros pee very often or at all, should I shake off his veggies a little more when I feed him? Only time I’ve seen a Uro "pee" is when they get startled by grabbing them from above. :/

04/21/13  10:14pm

LookingforUro
View Profile

Message To: OverlordMaddy   In reference to Message Id: 2296043

Water AND Poop?

Sometimes Gordo’s poops are like that. I notice he has more water in his poop.. when he eats veggies that have more water content (makes sense). I stopped giving him the occasional frozen pea all together.. because I hated the mess it made when he pooped. The first time I gave him butternut squash.. same thing. He ate so much of it that he had watery poop the next day. Now I just make sure that I don’t give him to much of the watery veggies.

04/22/13  12:00am

Vers
View Profile

Water AND Poop?

It’s liquid urates and excess water that you’re seeing and, as long as the stools aren’t runny, it’s completely fine.

04/22/13  12:29pm

OverlordMaddy
View Profile

Message To: Vers   In reference to Message Id: 2296062

Water AND Poop?

Awesome! I was getting a little concerned and was hoping it was nothing to worry about.

04/22/13  12:51pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Water AND Poop?

Make sure you just watch how much water he drinks because runny/watery stool can be dehydration.

08/02/13  10:18pm

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area