Turtles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Turtles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Iden   Reptile Observer   Iden   JEFF QUARLES   Iden   JEFF QUARLES  

Member  Message

Iden
View Profile

Turtle not growing

I have many turtles and this is my first time running into this issue, I have two baby maps, one is growing like crazy, I’ve been monitoring food but one isn’t growing, the other is approaching 3inches, with more growth showing on her shell, the other was an inch when I got him and hasn’t grown at all with no signs that he is, is it possible to have something like a dwarf or runt like other animals? They have been in my care since hatching and are around 7 months old

08/20/14  10:08pm

Reptile Observer
View Profile

Message To: Iden   In reference to Message Id: 2308716

Turtle not growing

Maybe

08/22/14  08:39am

Iden
View Profile

Message To: Reptile Observer   In reference to Message Id: 2308775

Turtle not growing

Over a year old and still no growth from my little one :) he’s absolutely adorable about the size of a quarter, meanwhile his sister is the same age and around 3 1/2 inches, so glad she isn’t being a bully, would hate to have to separate them

05/08/15  01:24am

JEFF QUARLES
View Profile

Message To: Iden   In reference to Message Id: 2313533

Turtle not growing

Its probably not getting enough UV. It affects some turtles and others not so much. Bump it up and see what happens. Also add meal worms to its diet.

05/11/15  04:48pm

Iden
View Profile

Message To: JEFF QUARLES   In reference to Message Id: 2313567

Turtle not growing

I actually don’t use a lamp on them, I wild caught them, so I give them as natural as possible of a habitat, including a constant open window that catches about 10 hours of light per day on multiple logs that they both bask on, I do pellet food and repto sticks and they have snails fish crayfish and live shrimp to help with calcium/protien, should I pick up some meal worms in addition?

06/04/15  11:59pm

JEFF QUARLES
View Profile

Message To: Iden   In reference to Message Id: 2313799

Turtle not growing

You can use meal worms but it seems you are doing it right.

06/13/15  07:56pm

Back to Turtles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area