Turtles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Turtles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Karley199   LizardLoverGirls   Tigerlizzy  

Member  Message

Karley199
View Profile

Questions about red ear slider babies

I just bought 2 red ear sliders from turtleshack.com two days ago. I didn’t do my research about the company before I bought them since they were the first site that popped up on Google well thankfully they came yesterday very healthy and active and do not seem to have any shell rott or any bumps. I did tons of searching about the breed and what all they need. I bought a 10 gallon tote not a tall one a shorter one that could fit under a bed a basking platform and I have several rocks they can bask on I also have some fake plants in there they love to get around and hide. I bought a 50 watt zoomed basking light and and desk clamp on lamp and a zoomed moonlight 60 watt bulb for at night. I also bought one of lees lagoons (WILL NOT KEEP TURTLE IN THERE) just for feeding. I didn’t buy a sunlight bulb but I take both my turtles Sam and Ella outside in the sun for 30 minutes everyday (not in direct sunlight) is that enough instead of buying a sunlight bulb? Also I couldn’t get them to eat their turtle pellets but I bought a can of tuna (in water) for them to eat and today they started to eat that. I change their water every other day and they seem very happy and active they’re starting to get use to their home I’ve only had them 2 days. Any tips on how to make them happier or more healthy I would appreciate. As they get older I will buy a bigger tote (turtle tub) they are only about 1in. I just want to know if what I’m doing is good or not and what I should do thanks! !

Quote:

06/27/14  07:37pm

LizardLoverGirls
View Profile

Message To: Karley199   In reference to Message Id: 2306377

Tunas is ok but crickets moths even veggies

07/03/14  03:34pm

Tigerlizzy
View Profile

Message To: Karley199   In reference to Message Id: 2306377

Hello, new mama!
I just got 2 babies, too, one was smaller and had a white dot on her nose, which I think was the *shell pecker*. Tell me if I’m wrong!

Mine only eat on the sly but seem active and look good. Romaine lettuce has tint teeth marks on it!! I also got a small styrofoam container of mealworms from the PetSmart for about 2 bucks. These are kept in the fridge (in another loose plastic baggie for sanitary reasons) The cold keeps them dormant until you decide to feed one or two to your turtles. YUM. I also read you can cut them in half but don’t KNOW how long they wiggle after that... Crickets tend to drown. They are not that smart.

09/22/14  05:59pm

Back to Turtles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area