Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Turtles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Turtles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Lizard girl 4   Chameleon_man   Chameleon_man   Lizard girl 4   Chameleon_man   Lizard girl 4   FurryScalesnShells  

Member  Message

Lizard girl 4
View Profile

Turtle sitting!

I don’t have any turtles, only lizards but I am turtle sitting. It is a Red eared slider turtle. The person I am turtle sitting for just sent me pellets to feed him but I gave him some red pepper. I am not 100% sure but I think the owner only feeds him turtle pellets. I am letting the turtle use one of my lizard’s UVB lights for now. What else should I feed him right now? How much?
Thanks

06/30/12  08:04pm

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: Lizard girl 4   In reference to Message Id: 2271770

Turtle sitting!

well. do not feed him any raw meet but pellets are fine. worms also, NO GOLD FISH, NO HOT DOGS. and i am not sure about red peppers i would say no but not sure. he also need a heat light.

07/01/12  09:31am

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: Lizard girl 4   In reference to Message Id: 2271770

Turtle sitting!

sorry also crickets, collard greens, NOT ICEBERG LETTUCES, but just collard greens, squash, carrots (chop really small or just get a bag of shredded), green beans, mealworms, silk worms, frozen shrimp or blood worms are good to,

I say not to feed few meat because that is how salmonella starts, you would be surprised to see how many people actually say to feed raw meat.

07/01/12  09:36am

Lizard girl 4
View Profile

Message To: Chameleon_man   In reference to Message Id: 2271827

Turtle sitting!

I was looking at care sheets and some said that you can feed them that. I don’t have any heat lights, but I will but a normal house light bulb on him. That is what I use for some of my lizards, it keeps the basking spot around 90. I gave him some crickets yesterday because care sheets said it is fine. We have carrots. I just want to give him some healthy stuff while I am watching him. I will not give him meat. Thanks for the quick answer!

07/01/12  10:32am

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: Lizard girl 4   In reference to Message Id: 2271834

Turtle sitting!

no problem :-) sounds like your fine. I a normal light is getting 90 degree basking spot then it should be good, as long as he can get out of the water fine and al the way.

07/01/12  10:35am

Lizard girl 4
View Profile

Message To: Chameleon_man   In reference to Message Id: 2271835

Turtle sitting!

Ok, thanks!

07/01/12  10:52am

FurryScalesnShells
View Profile

Message To: Lizard girl 4   In reference to Message Id: 2271836

Turtle sitting!

Toss in some guppies or stick to the pellets. If you mean bell peppers i dont see anything wrong imo.

07/02/12  09:19pm

Back to Turtles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area