Back to Turtles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Turtles Forum

Jackie_03   Kaylawayla09   Jackie_03   Kaylawayla09   RATONE  
 Member  Message

Jackie_03
View Profile

My hatchlings

Sorry everyone!
- Just realized now how the pictures didn’t come up, oh well I took more since then!!
Enjoy!
P.S : the turtles are Eastern Painted Turtles

Pic Heavy :)

Thanks! hope you liked them!!! If you have any questions I’d be glad to answer...comments are much appreciated :)

09/07/11  08:38pm

Kaylawayla09
View Profile

Message To: Jackie_03   In reference to Message Id: 2236037

My hatchlings

do you have to have an incubator for them, and also what do they eat when they hatch because im only used to having lizards. but cool maybe i might get a turtle, ive always wanted one!

09/11/11  01:43pm

Jackie_03
View Profile

Message To: Kaylawayla09   In reference to Message Id: 2236516

My hatchlings

Well with my babies I didn’t use an incubator, I just used the summer heat to incubate the eggs. The temperatures ranged from 75-88 degrees this summer and I didn’t have an issue. But it depends where you live if you want to use this way, because summer temps are different everywhere. They live on their yoke for the first few days so they aren’t going to eat right away but I just give them turtle pellets, some greens and insects like crickets, meal worms and regular earth worms. You do need to chop them up in little pieces so the babies can swallow them. They are nice little pets but they do grow to about 6-10 inches so they need a pretty large tank. Hope I answered your question.

09/12/11  04:35pm

Kaylawayla09
View Profile

Message To: Jackie_03   In reference to Message Id: 2236713

My hatchlings

thank you, my auntie she just got a turtle, the first day my cousins got it (there three and 1 years old) they were so excited, all of the rest of the days they lost interest like all of their toys. and last time they did this is was with a guinea pig so she might give me her turtle and turtle tank, its a tortoise though

09/14/11  07:18pm

RATONE
View Profile

Message To: Kaylawayla09   In reference to Message Id: 2236975

My hatchlings

i have to baby res can i leave them outside or do they need to live inside and wat size can they live outside

11/11/11  05:09pm

Back to Turtles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area