Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Turtles-Tortoises Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Turtles-Tortoises Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

NHgirl315   Johnkorz   Kikister11  

Member  Message

NHgirl315
View Profile

Help! What & How to take care of my new turtle!

Hello!!! I recently got a new turtle from a friend of a friend who wasn’t taking care of his turtle. Since I am such an animal lover, i had to take him in. I already have a water turtle, so I know what to do with him, however this box turtle is a mystery! Can anyone tell me what type of turtle it is, also if it is male or female. I also would love some ideas on how to make my new friend have a great life. So far I have a big water dish for him to soak in and also go to the bathroom. I feed him those colorful pellets and also spray him. Is there anything else I should know?! Thanks for all your help!!!

07/07/10  07:27pm

Johnkorz
View Profile

Message To: NHgirl315   In reference to Message Id: 2161024

Congrats! It looks like an eastern or a three toed (check the back feet) box turtle. You can get a lot of info from "boxturtlelist.com." Good luck!

07/14/10  11:08am

Kikister11
View Profile

Message To: NHgirl315   In reference to Message Id: 2161024

HI there is 3 ways u can tell the difference from a male and female 1 is the back claws if they are cureved in like a bird its a male 2: is there a concave area on bottom of shell that makes a male and 3: u can check the tail. if the hole is close to the end of tail its a male hope this help

04/27/12  06:28pm

Back to Turtles-Tortoises Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area