Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Turtles-Tortoises Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Turtles-Tortoises Forum

TortoiseChic   Cpx_20o5   Gromit   Lesfull   Zandra107   Zoe 101   Michelucha   PLS  
 Member  Message

TortoiseChic
View Profile

Tortoise Refuge/Rescue in Texas

I can give your Tortoise or Box Turtle a great home.

I have a small rescue set up. I dont normally call it a rescue because my home is these Tortoises/Turtles last stop. So I call it a Tortoise Refuge.

My love for tortoises & box turtles started in Arizona where I grew up. Box Turtles & Desert Tortoises were abundant back then & I kept many in my back yard. But my father was in the military so around age 13 we began moving a lot. I released all of my box turtles & tortoises into the wild, except one whom was not wild caught & I still have to this day. Ive had her for going on 13 years now!

A while ago I posted an add asking for a tortoise or box turtle, I had hoped to find one for a companion for my tortoise. The response was overwhelming & within a month I was given 4 total; 2 box turtles (both deformed due to poor nutrition) & 2 Large Sulcatas whom are also deformed due to poor nutrition. After joining a few tortoise communities, becoming a member of the WCT (World Chelonian Trust, http://www.chelonia.org/) & speaking with quite a few experts on the subject I realized how many turtles and tortoises there are out there that are being cared for improperly and how many need a good stable home. So I decided to open a Tortoise Refuge.

I would love to give your Tortoise or Box Turtle a forever home & I can guarantee that they will be happy here.!

I will post some pictures of the different setups & Tortoises/Turtles I have. (8 total)

I do have references. Please contact me if you have a Tortoise/Turtle that you would like to rehome.

04/14/07  04:57pm

Cpx_20o5
View Profile

Message To: TortoiseChic   In reference to Message Id: 1246263

Your a good person!
id sure reccomend you.

07/26/07  04:28pm

Gromit
View Profile

What kind of tortoises are these?
Are the gopher tortoises?
Are they endangered?
What do they eat?

07/27/07  12:41am

Lesfull
View Profile

You are a wonderful person for doing this. I have a 5/6 year old African spur tortoise named Baxter. He has been with me since he was a baby and I am very attached to him. Unfortunately, I have not been able to take care of him as well as I should recently because of several life changes and want to give him to someone who will take excellent care of him. I am very particular about who takes him as it is very traumatic for me to give him up. Please contact me so that we can discuss the possibility of him coming to live in your beautiful habitat.

04/23/08  01:59pm

Zandra107
View Profile

I have a two year old female Russian Tortiose named Toby and I am looking to get her a friend. If you have any Russian Tortoise hatchlings or juveniles in need of a good home please contact me because I would love to adopt one in need!

06/01/09  02:54pm

Zoe 101
View Profile

Any baby torts for sale?
I is so hard to find a tortoise in Texas, and shipping is very expensive...

01/11/11  02:18am

Michelucha
View Profile

Message To: Zoe 101   In reference to Message Id: 2197549

Zoe 101, were you able to find a baby tortoise in Texas?

08/18/11  06:42pm

PLS
View Profile

I think is great that you want to give tortoise homes do you ever think of adopting any of them out to other
people who want to raise tortoise? I’m asking because I live in TX too and my Son has a Russian male and he would like to adopt a female so the male has a friend.My son has built an indoor and an out door habitat.
The habitats are too big for one tortoise but would be great for two.We all take turns feeding and holding and bathing Taz.He is a great Russian.Please let me know if you will help my son find a friend for his tortoise.
WE will pay for it.
Thank you.
PLS

09/02/11  11:36am

Back to Turtles-Tortoises Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area