Tree Frogs Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

BreannaV96   DragonessJewel   Crotus  

Member  Message

BreannaV96
View Profile

HELP!!! I’m going to start crying...

I have an American Green Tree Frog. Last night I took him out to eat his crickets than I put him in a corner by my room door. I watched him as he changed color and slept there. I went to bed around 5:45 am and at 6 am he was still there. When I woke up this afternoon he was GONE! I looked all over my room. Under the bed, under the door, under my mini table, behind these giant speakers in my closet, and near his tank... I found NOTHING :’( I started playing different green tree frog calls and I didn’t hear him moving around or make any sounds. Did he escape to my vent on the ceiling? Or where could he be? :’’( I’m going to put out 2 water dishes and a little bit of moss tonight to see if that will attract him. I left his light on and his tank uncovered. I put out my clear plastic cricket saver so maybe he’ll see them. I really do adore him and I just want help or advice on helping me find him before he gets too dehydrated. I really don’t want to come home to a dead frog :’’( thanks. Please reply ASAP!!!!!

11/30/17  12:50pm

DragonessJewel
View Profile

Message To: BreannaV96   In reference to Message Id: 2321594

I’m sorry, but I’ve had other frogs escape their cages, and they’ve all died. Did you find him? I wish you luck and hope it’s not too late. I once had a fire-bellied toad escape his cage and we didn’t find him until three years later! he looked like a plastic frog! From what I know, it’s too late because they dry out quickly. I’ m sorry.

Dragoness Jewel

Sorry I haven’t been on lately, I’ve been busy. My cat swallowed a needle...

12/02/17  03:36pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: BreannaV96   In reference to Message Id: 2321594

Breanna, I have a suggestion for you based on some similar experiences I once had. Treefrogs like to climb and they often look for a spot in which to sleep during the day, which sometimes can be surprisingly obvious. It could be high up in a corner or on a window, etc. Once I even found a small treefrog that escaped, sitting on top of some clothes in a hamper! So it may turn up if you search for it patiently for a couple of days. The green treefrog is a hardy species and can probably be OK for a few days, but to prevent this happening again, I suggest feeding it small crickets without removing it from its tank.

12/02/17  08:58pm

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area