Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Tree Frogs Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

LeoDille   LeoDille  

Member  Message

LeoDille
View Profile

Very unhappy White Lipped Tree Frogs, Help!!!

Hello people!

I hope someone can put my mind at ease.. A few days ago I went to pick up my two White Lipped Tree Frogs, they are about 1 or 2 years old. It’s hard to say because they have had a few owners.
Only when I got there they had apparently escaped during the night. After an hour of searching we finally found them, they were completely dried out and super skinny! :( It was in an artists studio so there is the possibility of them coming in contact with harmful chemicals, and they definitely came in contact with a lot of plaster, which dried them out even more..

Now they have been in my terrarium, which I keep around 82 degrees during the day and around 72 during the night. Humidity levels are close to a 100% during the night and around 70% during the day.
There is lots of moss, foliage and wood in there for them and I got a little cave for them. They won’t come out of the cave now.. The thing is they were sooo skinny and now they don’t seem to be eating. One of them came out last night and hopped around but still didn’t seem interested in the crickets or mealworms.. Only two crickets seem to have been eaten in the last two days. Should I try to feed them by hand? Or leave them in the cave?
And what about the crickets and mealworms that weren’t eaten? Leave them in there until they have been eaten?
I can’t see into the cave and I’m worried one of them died seeing as he won’t come outside.. if so I should remove him as soon as possible of course, but I don’t want to disturb them and cause even more stress.
Any advice on what I should do??

10/28/16  02:03am

LeoDille
View Profile

Message To: LeoDille   In reference to Message Id: 2319700

Very unhappy White Lipped Tree Frogs, Help!!!

Also, does anyone know if the froggies will actually benefit from the UVB light I put on during the day (in addition to the lightbulb for heat) if all they do is hide in the cave during the day?

10/28/16  02:43am

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area