Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Tree Frogs Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

ChrisandMartin   ChrisandMartin   Justwillow  

Member  Message

ChrisandMartin
View Profile

Should i be concerned or is this normal?

We bought Chris & Martin (Along with a leapord gecko) for my son for Christmas a bout 3 weeks ago. The Lizard (Skywalker) is doing great and so much fun to watch! The Tree frigs "White Dumpies" are not as active but fun if you stay up late haha! One of the frogs, Chris, is smaller and has less spots so I believe he/she is younger. He (I will just say he) has Ben in the corner of the terrarium (up only a few inches) for about a week now. Hasn’t moved much. I say much because we took him out to hand fed him and he ate 3 crickets right away. We then placed him into the water bowl to soak and he sat in the water until after we went to bed ( we were afraid of dehydration ) he was back in the same spot in the morning (up a few inches) and again hasn’t moved in two days. Yesterday we put a cricket in his face (while in corner) and he would only eat one. We are not sure of the age but from what I have seen our larger frig is about half grown and the smaller one is ...well...smaller but not a baby. Should we be worried about his "Stay put" for days behavior? The other frog is down every night hunting and sitting in the water. I am just concerned a little but I don’t know if I should be. He is smaller but seems ok in weight. He did eat some but not moving. I did forget to mention the night we took him out to hand feedb him and place him in the water he was sitting in the corner (prior) and doing this gasping or trying to vomit type behavior. He then snuggled up and went to sleep. His skin looks normal and not slimey. No discoloration or redness. Not bony or sickly however I haven’t seenbhim open his eyes in a few days. We keep the coconut husk in bottom. Change water every other day (rinse with only Hot water) we give them the Gerber baby water. Humity is hard but usually at 40-50% spray down 4-5 times a day to keep levels up. Sprinkle crickets with the calcium and vitamin powder every other day. Temp is about 75°F -78° F (may drop to 70° F some nights). I am clueless as to what to think. Any advice would be helpful. Also advice on how to keep humitiy levels higher w/o a heating pad. Thanks in advance!

01/22/16  10:08pm

ChrisandMartin
View Profile

Message To: ChrisandMartin   In reference to Message Id: 2316684

Forgot to add. Gecko is in his own 10 gallon tank. Frog tank size is 10 gallon with the 2 Dumpies sharing. Have hidding rock with 2 spots, fake leafy Tree, vines and the twisty vine thingy. They haven’t used hidding spot rock since first week wehad them.

01/22/16  10:12pm

Justwillow
View Profile

Message To: ChrisandMartin   In reference to Message Id: 2316685

Hi! Keep an eye on him that vomiting motion he was doing is shedding and or he eat some of the bedding. If its just shedding then he will be up and moving in one more day or so. Frog after shedding are almost always vary tired after wards and can stay still for up to four days.

If he ate the bedding please keep an eye out for him, he maybe impact and having issues.

Outside of that, it just might be his coner. I had a frog that would push the others frogs out of his conner because it was his bed. let me know if this helps at all

06/12/16  08:12pm

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area