Tree Frogs Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Ryley b   Crotus   Mummyl  

Member  Message

Ryley b
View Profile

sick big eyed tree frogs

Ok so I have 3 african big eyes tree frogs. I dont know their age as them came to me through a rescue organization. They have been in my care for about 3 weeks now. All 3 were a nice deep dark brown when I got them. Now 2 of them are super pale. The one still looks the same. The 2 pale ones eat way less. they also have like an blue green color starting behind their eyes.
They are in a medium tall exo terra. They have all live plants, 2 water dishes, coco husk bedding, uva uvb for 8 hours daily. They eat every other day, dusted crickets once a week.

05/21/15  01:41pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Ryley b   In reference to Message Id: 2313659

sick big eyed tree frogs

It sounds like you are doing everything right so I am not sure what the problem could be... Maybe you are giving them a bit too much light, or it might be a bit too hot (or cold) or they may need more air circulation... Try experimenting with these factors please... What kind of crickets are you feeding them? In my experience sometimes those large winged ones with the spiny legs are not good for frogs because they’re hard to digest, so try using small or medium sized ones, and try to get pest free ones (not infested with pest beetles) You should establish your own colony of these in a well ventilated plastic container with egg crates inside for the crickets to hide in, and keep the crickets well fed, in my experience they seem to be quite partial to flake fish food. Also the crickets should have some water but only in the form of a dish with moistened pebbles because they easily drown in standing water. Gut loaded crickets like this are actually better than dusted ones.
Please try some of my suggestions and let me know if there is any improvement.

05/23/15  09:55am

Mummyl
View Profile

Message To: Ryley b   In reference to Message Id: 2313659

sick big eyed tree frogs

This is happening to mine too. One is very active and eats well the other 2 are very still and one has gone pale with a blue/green colour on the cheeks. I’m concerned cause they won’t eat much either sometimes not at all. Have u found anything else ???

05/29/15  02:04am

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area