Tree Frogs Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Kitten1041214   Crotus   Kitten1041214  

Member  Message

Kitten1041214
View Profile

HELP! Barking Tree Frog Won’t Shut Up!

Ok I have a barking tree frog and he has been "talking" for about an hour now and he will not shut up!
I tried turning off the lights, spraying them, tapping the tank all to no avail.
He is also jumping on my other tree frog that I have in there and almost like hes nipping at him/her or something, I don’t know.
Anyways it is night time here, of course, and now he decides to talk like crazy and will not shut up!
What do I do?

06/29/13  11:48pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Kitten1041214   In reference to Message Id: 2299059

Oh really? I have had a problem like that with green treefrogs that started honking like crazy in the middle of the night... Darn, those are really noisy, I couldn’t sleep! But I really thought Barkers were more mellow. Is the other frog another barker? If so they could be either mating, or engaging in a territorial dispute... All I can suggest is that you either separate the two frogs into different tanks, or move the tank into another room that is not where you sleep. :-)

06/30/13  05:04pm

Kitten1041214
View Profile

Message To: Crotus   In reference to Message Id: 2299093

Well he stopped finally after like an hour and a half!
The other frog isn’t a barker, at least I have never heard a peep out of him.
As for the tank, it’s in the living room, away from our bedroom yet we can still hear him.
He is so loud that even when I am listening to my iPod at night I can still hear him lol.
He usually doesn’t do this but wow I think maybe it was too hot in the house too cause it has been like +30 here in Calgary and I guess he felt the need to complain about the heat.
Such silly frogs... lol

07/11/13  05:12pm

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area