Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Blissfire   Zebrafrog25  

Member  Message

Blissfire
View Profile

Pacific Green Tree Frog-Use Pond Water or Dechlorinated Tap Water

hey all,
i recently caught a tree frog that was outside my kitchen window chillin’ in my sunflower sprouts.
i set him/her up in a 20 gallon terrarium w/secured metal mesh lid and ample branches, moss, foliage, and crickets.
currently I am using a spritzer bottle to mist the terrarium 2x a day with water taken from the pond outside my backyard which is most likely where the frog was born from(it is a popular spot during frog mating season). i also filled its 1-2 inch deep by 3-4 inch wide container with the same water. I’ll probably pick up some reptile dechlorination solution for the misting but I’d like to use the pond water at least for his water tub area if I can as it seems so much more natural...however after thinking about it, I realized the pond water is bound to have a lot of microorganisms in it (potentially unhealthy for both him and me?)..so I was wondering if I should keep using the pond water at all.
thanks for your help:)

06/24/13  08:18pm

Zebrafrog25
View Profile

Message To: Blissfire   In reference to Message Id: 2298824

Pacific Green Tree Frog-Use Pond Water or Dechlorinated Tap Water

I think the frog would live longer with dechlorinated water than pond water. since it is a tree frog it is much more fragile than tough water frogs like bullfrogs. you can also use distilled water so there is no microorganisms in the water. so you can also just boil the pond water. but dechlorinated water is the best.good luck with your new tree frog though!

07/01/13  11:43am

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area