Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Coot   Crotus  

Member  Message

Coot
View Profile

Thinking of getting Amazon Milk Frogs

Hi All,
I have been thinking about getting tree frogs for awhile now and I have decided I would like to get a couple Amazon Milk Frogs. I found this forum when I rescued a Ball Python and had no idea what I was doing and got lots of help here so I thought I would come back to get help with some Milky frogs.

I have a couple questions:

1) Do Milky frogs prefer to be alone or in a small group? I think I would like to get 2-4.

2) Can I have more than one male in the same cage?

3) What size terrarium would be best for 2-4 frogs? I think I like the zoo med naturalistic terrarium.

4) I would like to do live plants, what kids are safe, easy, and practical to use in a Milky terrarium?

5) Will Milk frogs eat fish? If so would it be safe to set up the terrarium as partially aquatic? (Fish would not be the main food source)

6) What kind of substrate is the best? What should I use if I do a partially aquatic terrarium?

7) What is better to use for heating a UTH or a heat lamp or both?? What kind of light will they need?

8) Where is a good place to get the frogs? I am hesitant to get them at a pet store however we do have one local reptile store that is very nice.

9) Are Milkys pretty vocal?

10) How long should I have the tank set up with live plants before I introduce the frogs?

I think that is all the question I have for now, I am sure I will think of more later lol. Thank you so much for all your help!!! I will be sure to post lots of pictures when I get everything set up. I would love to see your terrariums too to get some ideas!!!!

Thank you!!!!
Cyndi

06/20/13  01:20pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Coot   In reference to Message Id: 2298659

Thinking of getting Amazon Milk Frogs

I haven’t kept them but believe that like most treefrogs, they like to live in groups... a good source for them might be one of the online suppliers. I recommend you try reptilecity.com, I have had some good service from them and their prices are very reasonable, with free shipping on orders of $100 or more.

06/21/13  06:20pm

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area