Tree Frogs Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Kaiser!!!   Crotus   Kaiser!!!   Crotus  

Member  Message

Kaiser!!!
View Profile

Wtf question

why would my white tree frog be brown always? maybe because his enviorment is dark?

11/20/12  11:57pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Kaiser!!!   In reference to Message Id: 2285970

Wtf question

I recommend that you provide some lighting during the day with a fluorescent lamp positioned above the tank (on a timer, onn in the morning, off at night). this way you can also grow live plants, and he will feel more like he’s in his natural environment.

11/30/12  03:59pm

Kaiser!!!
View Profile

Message To: Crotus   In reference to Message Id: 2286761

Wtf question

ok. and about live plants. i have to keep replacing live plants because they die. i constantly keep them watered and im pretty sure it is because the roots wont embed in my wood chip forest floor bedding.. maybe switch to a floor bedding with a more soil base rather then chips?

11/30/12  06:11pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Kaiser!!!   In reference to Message Id: 2286768

Wtf question

Yes, it would need to have soil in it for the plants to grow... you can make your own by mixing equal parts topsoil, peat moss and silica sand, or buy a mixture, but one that should be free of added fertilizers... also it’s a good idea to put an inch or so of medium sized pebbles under the soil for drainage purposes, to make sure the soil doesn’t get too soggy. So first put in the pebbles, then the soil mixture, and then you can topdress this with the wood chips if you like.

12/04/12  05:32pm

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area