Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Beckiboo   Crotus   Beckiboo   Crotus  

Member  Message

Beckiboo
View Profile

Hello all

Hey all,

I recently brought myself a white tree frog, hes.a baby and so so cute! I brought him home on Saturday from the store. But unfortunately they had no small crickets in store! So first thing this morning I went tp my local pet store to get him some noms, however they where all out! So I brought him mealworms, ive come home tried to feed him and hes having none of it! They have been in with him for a few hours now, and hes just chilling.at the top of his tank! Im so worried that hes.not eaten since Saturday before he left the store! I cant get him crickets until Thursday! Please please help me! I already love the ickle tiny froggy! His name is.sir hoppington by the way! Im gutted hes not eating! Should I be worried? X

06/18/12  08:01pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Beckiboo   In reference to Message Id: 2270457

Hello all

Crickets are best for them really -- I recommend you should try an online supplier, order a lot of 500 or so and start your own colony! That way you’ll never run short.

06/19/12  06:38pm

Beckiboo
View Profile

Message To: Crotus   In reference to Message Id: 2270575

Hello all

Thanks for getting back to me, ive managed to get him some crickets, but hes still turning his nose up at them! Im really starting to worry now! Hes not eaten in nearly a week! What should I do?

06/21/12  06:38pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Beckiboo   In reference to Message Id: 2270786

Hello all

Hey sorry for the delay, didn’t notice your post... If your treefrog is not eating, something may not be quite right with your setup. What type of lighting do you have? I recommend setting up a full-spectrum fluorescent lamp above the tank to simulate daylight, set on a timer to go on during the day, off at night... this will also help to grow live plants like philodendrons etc., which they like to climb on, hide under the leaves, etc... also, it is essential that you provide a sizable, shallow water bowl for your treefrog to soak in (this is how they get their water, rather than drinking, as do lizards for example).

07/09/12  06:27pm

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area