Tree Frogs Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

CowgirlPatch(:   Lloydene   CowgirlPatch(:  

Member  Message

CowgirlPatch(:
View Profile

Can I use this??

I have a tree frog, and I have been using the fish tank rocks, but the crickets are burying themselves in the rocks. Can I use vitasand?? If not, what are some other things I can use? Thanks!

04/23/12  06:45pm

Lloydene
View Profile

Message To: CowgirlPatch(:   In reference to Message Id: 2263947

Can I use this??

I would leave the rock in there and then place a mixture of sand and soil on top of the rocks, mostly soil. You can even plant some pothos plants and such in this soil mixture, the frog will love it. You will need to moisten your soil every now and then so the rocks will act as the drainage system. I would also find some leaf litter from outside and spread over the soil mixture.
The crickets may still hide under the litter, but they won’t stay dormant long and when they start to move around, it will catch the frogs eye and he will hunt them down.
Another suggestion if you are not already doing it is to make sure your water source for them is not chlorinated tap water, nor distilled water. You can buy additives to get rid of the chlorine and this is acceptable to use. Frog will lay in the water to obtain minerals from the water itself through absorption of their skin. If one was to offer water that does not have these minerals, it tends to act in reverse and the water will in fact draw it out of the frog.
With good proper care, a tree frog can live much much longer in captivity than they would in the wild...

04/24/12  08:54am

CowgirlPatch(:
View Profile

Message To: Lloydene   In reference to Message Id: 2264024

Can I use this??

Thank you (: Anything else I should know? I give her two crickets every other day or so. Is that okay?

04/27/12  10:13pm

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area