Tree Frogs Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Leogeckokid   Crotus   Merlin Skynyrd  

Member  Message

Leogeckokid
View Profile

Spring Peeper info

Hello i was wondering if anyone here cares for spring peepers they are abundant by my house summer home so i have decided to keep 1. I was wondering if someone can give me a simple care guide mostly i need to know how to build the terrarium for their liking and some info about lighting heating and handling

05/28/11  03:59pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Leogeckokid   In reference to Message Id: 2221459

Spring Peeper info

Just set up a woodland terrarium (at least a 10-gallon size tank) with a moist soil substrate, some live plants for climbing, and a wide, shallow bowl of clean water for them to soak in. A full-spectrum fluorescent lamp, timed to go on during the day and off at night, will be helpful to grow the plants.
You will need plenty of small insects to feed them.

05/29/11  04:49pm

Merlin Skynyrd
View Profile

Message To: Leogeckokid   In reference to Message Id: 2221459

Spring Peeper info

I agree with the last person that posted. I used moss or bark, shallow dish,plants to climb.when I first got him I had him in a plastic container (with vent holes) and a lid. It held heat well. Then switched to a ten gallon. Sqeekers, my peeper was one of my favorite pets:) . He would peep at every noise he heard. I do not suggest putting him outside though,tank temps can get too hot :( good luck with him

03/08/12  11:52am

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area