Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Tree Frogs Forum

Badkelpie   Badkelpie   Badkelpie   Dericka   Americanchld  
 Member  Message

Badkelpie
View Profile

New frog is very dark

I got a green tree frog last thursday and I liked him so much that I went back today to get another. Well the first one is light green, almost yellowish. New one is brown. He lightened up when he got in my tank, but he was still covered in brown spots. So he was green with brown spots, whereas the first one is all green. Is this normal? He looks healthy enough, ate about 5 or 6 crickets right off the bat.

They came from the same tank at the same store, and seem pretty young, they’re probably about an inch long, new one slightly smaller.

I have pictures, I’ll post them in a few minutes, gotta put them on flikr first.

12/27/10  09:20pm

Badkelpie
View Profile

Message To: Badkelpie   In reference to Message Id: 2194707

New frog is very dark

Here is the "old" frog, although he is more green/less yellow than this. His "spots" are dirt :).

12/27/10  09:33pm

Badkelpie
View Profile

Message To: Badkelpie   In reference to Message Id: 2194714

New frog is very dark

And these are both of the new one. He got darker again after he was done hunting and settled into the plant.

12/27/10  09:36pm

Dericka
View Profile

Message To: Badkelpie   In reference to Message Id: 2194715

New frog is very dark

Those look like normal colors and very healthy frogs. I have four green tree frogs, and they all change from very light green to a dark brown and sometimes have spots just like those, depending on temp and humidity and mood. I don’t think it’s abnormal or anything to worry about!

deri

01/01/11  04:48pm

Americanchld
View Profile

Message To: Dericka   In reference to Message Id: 2195615

New frog is very dark

The will also change color to blend in more with what they are sitting on.

01/04/11  12:26am

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area