Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Tree Frogs Forum

Hoppy   NaTaShA1980   OOo_PoS_SuM_oOo   Riley james   Hoppy   OOo_PoS_SuM_oOo   Hoppy   Greentreefroglover   Riley james  
 Member  Message

Hoppy
View Profile

INTERNET EXPLORER VIRUS ISSUES!!!!!

Many of you may know this already as it was last nights news and is all over the Net...

For those of you that don’t please take note:

Internet Explorer has found a security leak in all its web browsers that allows viruses and spam etc to get through to all your personal data.... It can reach all passwords and e-mail etc...

Its currently encouraged to use a another browser. Google Chrome is a good one for anyone needing a browser name....

You are advised to erase all passwords and clean out cookies/history/ temporary internet files etc.. and then place passwords back in on the new browser... (So write them down if you can’t remember them)!!!.... I would also advise running your virus scanner....

HOPPY

12/17/08  08:57am

NaTaShA1980
View Profile

Message To: Hoppy   In reference to Message Id: 1915950

I just had to uninstall msn messenger as i had a virus in it that sent a link to all my contacts, even though i was offline ill be running virus scanner and spyware to make sure its gone and reinstall msn messenger.

NAtasha

12/17/08  04:50pm

OOo_PoS_SuM_oOo
View Profile

Message To: NaTaShA1980   In reference to Message Id: 1916174

what virus protection do ppl think thats better i heard Norton??? i currently have VET

Natasha

12/17/08  08:59pm

Riley james
View Profile

Message To: OOo_PoS_SuM_oOo   In reference to Message Id: 1916367

Hi Nat,
I had Vet but have changed to Eset (weird name I know) and it has been great and has a small footprint which means it doesnt take up all your memory to run so your comp doesnt run slow. It is rated as one of the best (as far as I know) ITS $120 Aus for 2 years and has anti virus antispam firewall and you can set it up so it filters all your emails so no junk mail. I have nothing but good things to say about it (I prob just jinxed myself so I am knocking on wood LOL)
Cheers Janet

12/18/08  04:32am

Hoppy
View Profile

Message To: Riley james   In reference to Message Id: 1916548

Hey Guys I use one suggested to us by a computer tech friend.....

We use AVG...Its free!!!! And on-line...

HOPPY

12/18/08  06:22am

OOo_PoS_SuM_oOo
View Profile

Message To: Hoppy   In reference to Message Id: 1916570

Hey ive never heard of that one before Janet will have to look that one up and $120 for 2 yrs is pretty cheap to..
Hoppy AVG its good that its free but does it cover everything?? does it do the same job as of a paid anti-virus would???

Nat

12/18/08  06:22pm

Hoppy
View Profile

Message To: OOo_PoS_SuM_oOo   In reference to Message Id: 1916857

Yes it covers everything....

Its AVG 8.0 Its supposed to be one of the best on the market.. It covers all areas of virus protection including e-mail, spyware, liscense, link scanner, resident sheild, update manager....
You can buy an alternate version if you like form their site too but its for corporations or industrial use..

I also have.... Spybot search and destroy.... Its free too.... Its a spy protector and spam...

I use both....

Look them up worth checking into..

HOPPY

12/19/08  08:31am

Greentreefroglover
View Profile

Message To: Hoppy   In reference to Message Id: 1917123

in the meantime while i look around i have installed VET on my computer i have run spyware and anti-virus scan and the results 63 spyware where detected and 2 viruses where found
they have all been deleted now so all is good for now yay...

Nat

12/19/08  09:36am

Riley james
View Profile

Message To: Greentreefroglover   In reference to Message Id: 1917144

Hi all,
Just a quick note to Hoppy.
Just check with your comp techie person cose I believe that AVG doesnt cover your boot sector on your computer, covers all else but it doesn’t run through the boot sector and this is rather critical. I was running it for a while and have it on my sons comp but if you have any thing really important you should always back it up anyways.

Hey Nat LOL how many user names can one person have opossum greentreefroglover and who ever else you are hahahahahahaha. Will have to catch up soon.
And I will have to post pics of my NEw baby whites
(I think I am getting a divorce for christmas)
(I waited till hubby had had a couple of drinks before I told him about the new addition LOL)
But he got a pup for christmas so I figured I could get a frog and his pup is the size of a large horse so fairs fair LOL 1 huge dog is more than 10 small frogs.hehehehehehehehehehe
Cheers Janet

12/22/08  06:02am

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area