Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Tree Frogs Forum

Amphibiandude   Nico90   Hoppy   MacinMan   Froggy&Gribbit   Imderanged   Amphibiandude   Amphibiandude   Trozza   Hoppy  
 Member  Message

Amphibiandude
View Profile

Random tips for healthy happy frogs

alright these tips arent nescesary but i mean they can be good
1-dont use air fresheners like febreeze or cleaning products around the cage these can be harmfull
2-live plants can be pretty and good for your frogs but always check for fertilizers these can be harmfull
3-dont keep frog cages next to like snake cages this can stress out the frogs
4-a cage fliped verticly can be helpfull in many ways one the cage stays humid longer cause the water drips down further and tree frogs just like to climb
5-if you have like a colored light (primarily blue or purple aka black) this can as i have experienced prone frogs to chirp whitch can lead to courting just turn it on when it starts to get dark and off when you go to bed and just set the light on top of the cage
6-this is random and really not needed but i think it kinda does sumthing but if your frogs are in your room or next to a shower if you can keep the door to the frog room open so the moisture from the shower can make the cage a little more humid but like i said this is just a suggestion if you can

and yea this stuff is not nessecary but you know it can help well except for the febreeze one thats a dont do if you have a comment or critism id love to hear it. just you dont have to be all rude if you say sumthing

10/28/08  06:14pm

Nico90
View Profile

Message To: Amphibiandude   In reference to Message Id: 1889375

hey, those are some excellent tips. im gonna try the coloured light on my whites :)
thanks

10/29/08  05:03am

Hoppy
View Profile

Message To: Nico90   In reference to Message Id: 1889630

Tips are always good to share... Heres one that could help new owners...

Do things on routine (like water change and feeding) and your frogs will learn to trust you.
For the food some will eventually come out when expecting it.... This is a good way to see them and for them to act normally when your’re around...

HOPPY

10/29/08  06:28am

MacinMan
View Profile

Message To: Amphibiandude   In reference to Message Id: 1889375

Hey I was just reading and came across this, to see what people were saying about their frogs these days, yeah i’ll try a 25 watt blue party light to see what happens at night, currently i have a 25 watt moon bulb over the tanks, and the frogs like it, no croaking stimulation though. in fact my frogs have quit barking after the summer passed unless sprayed or they hear a noise so we shall see, just for the fun of it .

10/29/08  10:38am

Froggy&Gribbit
View Profile

Message To: MacinMan   In reference to Message Id: 1889716

Be careful with the party lights instead of themoon bulbs. Moon bulbs are supposed to simulate the naturallight of evening. Party lights are NOT so you can interfere with the frogs night/day biological clock by giving 24hrs of light.

some good tips

10/29/08  10:51am

Imderanged
View Profile

Message To: Froggy&Gribbit   In reference to Message Id: 1889725

I can get my frogs to sig by playing them clips of other frogs singing...and sometimes other things like the printer or the shower noised make them bark too.

10/29/08  12:57pm

Amphibiandude
View Profile

Message To: Imderanged   In reference to Message Id: 1889762

hmm interesting

10/29/08  05:35pm

Amphibiandude
View Profile

Message To: Amphibiandude   In reference to Message Id: 1889885

bump

11/04/08  08:37pm

Trozza
View Profile

Message To: Amphibiandude   In reference to Message Id: 1893181

With the moonbulbs can you leave them on all night or should you really only use them when you have visitors over to display them/until you go to sleep?

Troz

12/10/08  06:30am

Hoppy
View Profile

Message To: Trozza   In reference to Message Id: 1912021

The moon bulbs can be used all night.... In the wild frogs would have reflection from the moon on water droplets from dew etc.... Night isn’t completely dark..

HOPPY

12/10/08  06:39am

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area